Kansas Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICThomebrewer

Reaction score
Am I allowed to enter homebrew competitions that are not in my states. I know that HB2223 has died for this year.

I have searched the forums here looking to see if other Kansans have entered competitions and mailed beer to be judged but could find no information that could help.

Sure, why not? Just don't ship the beer through the USPS as that is against Federal Law. UPS and FedEx are fine, just don't label it as beer and be sure to pack it securely so it doesn't break or leak:)

I assure you a lot of Kansas people sent there beer in for the NHC this year as well as other people that sent their beer to KC for judging

Cool. Been brewing for a little over a year now and just switched to all grain. Want to do competitions so I can get feedback on my beer.

ICThomebrewer said:
Cool. Been brewing for a little over a year now and just switched to all grain. Want to do competitions so I can get feedback on my beer.

Congrats an moving forward. Keep in mind that comps are to style and are all judged to style so if the beer you are entering is not to a specific style criteria it will not fair well even if its a good beer:) go to BJCP.org and do some reading:)

W.H.O. Is a homebrew club that Meets in Wichita.
I know they had to cancel their compition this year for legal reason. It's not legal to have a comp in Kansas. Check with them a updated legislation matters.
Members did enter into the national competition
They had eight beers go on to the NH finals from the Tulsa regional. Not sure how many from KC and Denver.

Latest posts

Back