What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines pretty much self explanatory. I had just finished a 1 bbl brew rig when I joined HBT. I was pretty proud of it until I saw some of the rediculously cool systems here on the forum. Now it's just my clumsy old brew rig that gets me by....:rolleyes:

makes me feel all sorts of weak sauce with my 10 gal cooler set up. hahahaha!!:rockin:

I have been playing guitar since the 80s... some of my heroes include Robin Trower and Uli Roth, those are the guys I am most likely try emulating

igotsand- I love the beach. I try to surf at least once a week..
I love the desert, I have a Honda250Rfourtrax and ride at Glamis in the winter time..
I guess my toes are always in the sand..or at least I'm dreaming they are..

igotsand- I love the beach. I try to surf at least once a week..
I love the desert, I have a Honda250Rfourtrax and ride at Glamis in the winter time..
I guess my toes are always in the sand..or at least I'm dreaming they are..

I miss sand...beach sand that is...now I live in the desert. No toes on the nose these days...

Brew and Witt (first four of my name). Like the way it combines those and also says Brew It!

Callahan from Massachusetts...everyone assumes I either live or lived in California and then Mass...not the case.

People have called me Cali since high school. I've used this screen-name for about a decade.

<-- says in my info box right there... "Mean Old Man"

From French grognard (&#8220;old soldier&#8221;, also Spanish: gruñon)
the GN sound in the name is like the ñ in the Spanish version. an N-YA sound. and like the majority of French words, the last letter is silent.
so it's pronounced Gron-yar

and I'm a nerd, so I mashed the 2

grognard (plural grognards)

• literally "grumbler", colloq "mean old man"
  • An old soldier.
  • an old veteran soldier; specifically of the grenadiers of the Imperial Guard (Grenadiers à Pied de la Garde Impériale); an old complaining soldier
  • (games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing board wargames.
  • (computer games, slang) Inside the computer game development industry, a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

back in the 70s & 80s, it was also used to describe those, myself included, who played board wargames with the cardboard counters on hexagonal maps.

I still play those wargames, but The Operational Art of War makes it easier. don't have to setup and track all those cardboard pieces, 100s to 1000s of units

my initials, KGB......been using "cageybee" for 44 years. art teacher in school made us paint something inspired by our initials.....it's her fault.

'Shoshin' is the concept of beginner's mind. I want to always approach brewing with a fresh mind, open to new ideas and new ways of thinking of things

I've been playing guitar for 20-some odd years, and my primary guitar is a Strat. Hence, the name StratSlinger.

Use gometz as my username on Jalopnik, so figured I'd make it easy on myself. Not 100% sure how I came up with it, but my last name is Metzner, and I didn't want to use my real last name on there.

Last name is Judge, when I was growing up everyone I meet use to say "here come the Judge" so it just stuck.

I am a refrigeration tech so it fits. I have had this handle since the 70s on cb radios. Lol

S cotty- called since childhood
T he
B ass- band friends use it cause I'm the bass player.
Shortened down to Scattybass or ****ty fish by some.

LLBeanJ - B'cause I'm cool like LL Cool J... even though I'm not a rapper and I hate hip hop music. But I have been known to buy winter clothing from LL Bean on occasion. I guess I'm not really all that cool after all. :eek:

I played a few years of semi-pro football (what?we paid to play) for the Minnesota Storm and I wore #99. Still re-living my glory days :D

That's sorta like mine,some southerners thought my name professed my being a northern yankee. Not at all,my dad's side is southern baptist & all. We both just happened to belong to the same UAW local in Cleveland. And we were both hotrodders.

Got my nickname playing hockey. When I made the jump to play junior, my older cousin was already playing for a few years and had the nickname "wints". short form of our last name Winter. When I joined the team the boys just stuck my first initial in front and bwints has stuck ever since.

I just can never get motivated to come up with something clever - it seems like a waste of time. So mine is: Yakima Sheriff's Office radio #191. It as always been available, so its my go-to screen name.

Back