Would you dry hop this british bitter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
I am going to be brewing this recipe this weekend, and was wondering if dry hopping it would benefit or not be necessary. It is a basic british bitter I put together.

10 lbs Golden Promise
8 oz. Simpsons Dark Crystal
2 oz. Roasted Barley

1 oz Northern Brewer (9.0% AA) - 60 Min
1 oz Kent Goldings (5.5% AA) - 15 Min
2 oz Kent Golding (5.5% AA) - 5 Min

Yeast: Nottingham

Bases on 65% Efficiency
Mash @ 152 for 90 Minutes

OG: 1.041
FG: 1.008
IBU: 43.2

I was contemplating dry hopping with 1 oz of either the goldings or the northern brewer. I am also looking to go grain to glass in 2 weeks on this. I like my session beers on the darker side SRM's, hence the roast barley and dark crystal.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joe :mug:

If you want a 2 week grain to glass, I hope you keg your beer. If that's the case, don't dry hop and taste it when it's cold and carbonated. If you still want more aroma then, dry hop in the keg.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I have a bitter that I just kegged and it is now carbonating. Though it could use another week in the keg to be sure,I think it could use more aroma. How do you dry hop a kegged and carbonated beer?

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I have a bitter that I just kegged and it is now carbonating. Though it could use another week in the keg to be sure,I think it could use more aroma. How do you dry hop a kegged and carbonated beer?

A hop bag, hops, and something to weight it down (stainless steel nuts or bolts work).

OR:

There are folks out there that my wire mesh dryhoppers,,, I am sonsidering buying a hop screen (for the boil) from these guys:

http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/brewingfilters.php

and HOPS????

EKG of course...

daksin said:
If you want a 2 week grain to glass, I hope you keg your beer. If that's the case, don't dry hop and taste it when it's cold and carbonated. If you still want more aroma then, dry hop in the keg.

Yes I do. I will give it a shot

Back