Simple Airlock for Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflouella

Reaction score
I decide to take some brew I had in a corny keg and add two types of brett to it. I didn't want the brett prime the beer, so I wanted to put an Airlock on the corny keg. This is what I can up with.

4414068678_df03f8a848.jpg

To see the full parts list and how I built it, you can check out my post Building an Airlock to Ferment in a Corny Keg.

Here's my airlock for corny. I put the open end in a jar of Starsan.

DSC01789.JPG

Jeff,

nice build.............i was looking for something like this.............very simple..........very cool.........thx

assuming you can only ferm like 4 gal or so in a 5 gal corny no? i mean in my 6.5gal bucket, i still have blow-out at times with 5 gallon brews...

assuming you can only ferm like 4 gal or so in a 5 gal corny no? i mean in my 6.5gal bucket, i still have blow-out at times with 5 gallon brews...

I was assuming that primary ferm was done before he moved to keg and added the Brett. Brett will be a slow ferment so I doubt he would have problems.

great idea. I just tape a double bubble airlock upside down to the side of the keg, it works well but filling the wrong bubble is a pain. I will definately be making a few of these.

i didnt have the copper tube that you had, but i did have some copper wire to stiffen up the tubing

IMG00003-20110328-1657.jpg

Back