***SHOWCASE*** LIFETIME Wine Cap Punch down tool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going with the move to "LIFETIME" Products and offering lifetime warranties for all the new lifetime products. I am showcasing the new "LIFETIME" Wine Cap Punch Down tool!

100% Stainless! No more food grade plastic caps. I took and made the handle 1. easier to use, 2. easier to make and 3. easier to ship. I was able to actually make this part $10 less expensive than the original while making it a better product. I LOVE the new handle! The idea came from a walking cane.... AND you can hang this up when done using it making it MUCH easier to store...

If you are a wine maker you need to check this out!

If you are a store owner and want to get on the wholesale side and offer these in your store, let me know. We sold hundreds of the original ones last wine season.

These will be on the website and available very soon. If you would like to pre order one, PM me I will get you on the list and offer you a 10% discount for the pre order.

List price is $59.99

Whatcha' think?

Cheers
Jay

LifetimePunch1.jpg

Lifetimepunch2.jpg

LifetimePunch3.jpg

I make wine, and I have I bought stuff from you in the past, but what in the world is this for? LOL!!! I am sure it is great, everything you make seems awesome and works awesome, I am just lost at what it is for.

FYI, I make wine from kits, not actual grapes. Is it for smashing grapes?

For punching down the thick cap of skins/stems/seeds that forms when you're fermenting must on skins or crushed fruit in the first few days of fermentation. You want to mix that cap back into the rest of the must regularly.

@ong is totally correct. If you are making wine from kits then its not needed at all. Only for the all fruit makers that ferment on the fruit. I use one myself for getting all the wort out of my mash, pushing on the mash to squeeze all the liquid from it after I am done with my vorlauf so I can scoop my MLT of "drier" grain. But its intended for punching down the cap...

Cheers
Jay

What are the dimensions?

Super small diameter. Or maybe it's the bad angle the pictures were taken at. But it only looks to be about 4-5".

They are 5" diameter. Small enough to do the job easily but large enough to make it effective. Then 35" long so you don't have to be all hunched over doing it.

I can EASILY custom make you guys one larger if you like. It's the benefits of owning the fab shop and doing the work in house. We can customize just about everything. How big a diameter ya want? 8"-10"? How long ya want the shaft? Happy to build it for you. And just know just because it is custom, doesn't mean the price will SKY ROCKET. We are going to make them anyway. Really its just the added price of material and a little labor.

Cheers
Jay

I don't understand why a spoon doesn't work? I've never had issues with blackberry wine and stirring the gunk on top with a spoon...

A spoon can work for stirring Bob you bet. There are many uses for this tool NOT just a punch. But mostly its to push the cap down in your deep deep wine fermenters and get that cap WAY down there. BUT... you can drain your fermenter and then use this to SQUEEZE the wine from your skins. Some have used it to actually crush the grapes in the fermenter. Some use it (like me) to press their mash in their bottom draining MLT. I see a bunch of guys that make that "OTHER" alcohol and press their corn clear of the juice etc. It has all kinds of uses.

Cheers
Jay

Oh, I'm aware you can custom make stuff Jay. I do have a couple false bottoms from you! I guess I was thinking about my conicals in using this. A little too tiny. Yet too big for carboys. Looks like it would work well for Fermonsters though. I won't even mention those other larger opening plastic fermenters that have had tons of complaints and issues.

Latest posts

Back