What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit it. I've over carbed APA's & IPA's on purpose so I can enjoy the aroma a little more. and the sharpness of the carbonation seems to play nice with the bittering. I'll tell you, but no one else: I'm gonna do it again.

Carefull dude. Ive done it plenty enough time to make beers suck accidently. Oxidized and stuff.. You can start getting a belgiany/sharp flavor to them then they may seem to just dry out sometimes good/ok and maybe not. This is only if you age them and dont finish them in a timely matter otherwise it works out ok. Ageoing an oxidized/overcarbed beer doesnt work out. Drinking sooner is key.

Gettin some strange oh and drinking some too haha

image-2803107996.jpg

Carefull dude. Ive done it plenty enough time to make beers suck accidently. Oxidized and stuff.. You can start getting a belgiany/sharp flavor to them then they may seem to just dry out sometimes good/ok and maybe not. This is only if you age them and dont finish them in a timely matter otherwise it works out ok.

PA's & IPA's never last long enough to age in my house. :rockin:

Too tired to mess with a pic right now. Got a terrible night's sleep last night and got up at 0530. Anyway, I'm having my Back to Basics American IPA. It's a little overcarbed, but otherwise I think it's about in it's prime right now.

I admit it. I've over carbed APA's & IPA's on purpose so I can enjoy the aroma a little more. and the sharpness of the carbonation seems to play nice with the bittering. I'll tell you, but no one else: I'm gonna do it again.

Lol, your secret is safe with me. I guess sometimes it's good to suck at math:mug:

jonmohno said:
Looks awesomer than water,will be checking that one out. I still have a few tasmanian ipas left that are still tasteing great. Love that beer,never had the ipa.

Yes sir! Schlafly has a Black IPA and English IPA at the tap room that are both incredible. Hell, AIPA and TIPA are amazing as well. They do a great job with their beers. I think I'm going to visit there tomorrow for a can glass :D

chuckstout said:
I'm interested about those beauties in the background. That's the backstage series?

Yeah, backstage series. Haha, I'm quite interested in it as well. An odd combination in my opinion but we shall see how it is.

Raging Hop Monster DIPA. Of my NHC beers I think this is my least favorite, which is disappointing to me since I am such a hop head. My problem with it mostly in the aroma. It's pretty much all fruity and no classic American hop character. That's what I get for using a hop I've never used before (Calypso).

MrNickVT said:
Not to shabby. Heavy on the coffee side though!

Wake-n-Bake is one of my favorites. Definitely heavy on the coffee, I have a 4 pack in my closet (Florida cellar), I look forward to its release every year.

HB Saison, I should be finishing my dry stout so I can ramp up the pressure. Should be a good weekend:D

image-894304165.jpg

HB coffee brown ale. I used 5oz cold steeped Columbian supremo coarse ground beans on this version. V2 (in primary now) I changed the base malt to MO, yeast to British Ale II, and I will use 10oz of better beans. Still a great beer, hence the quick re-brew.

nukebrewer said:
Nordy hooked me up good. I thought I wasn't going to see Abrasive until its next release this fall. Thanks, Nordy!

I thought I'd never see Abrasive again after the one I got from you. But Swarley88 hooked me up with one and a Two Hearted in addition to a glassware trade recently.
Abrasive is so good. Definitely one of my favorites.

allenH said:
HB coffee brown ale. I used 5oz cold steeped Columbian supremo coarse ground beans on this version. V2 (in primary now) I changed the base malt to MO, yeast to British Ale II, and I will use 10oz of better beans. Still a great beer, hence the quick re-brew.

Sounds great! Haven't brewed a coffee beer yet, but it's on my short list.

allenH said:
I love coffee, I love beer. Add them together, perfection!

Same here. I love both separately and together. I don't know what's been the hold up for me. Just haven't brewed one yet. One of my goals for this year is to brew a coffee beer. It's settled! :)

My Shorts Key Lime Pie clone, like most HB beers just gettin better with time, nice rounder flavor especially at 9% still missin a little breadyness but easy fix on next batch. Im very happy with this as is swmbo

ForumRunner_20130419_234900.jpg

Had a few Simcoe/Amarillo IPAs followed by a small bottle of Chimay triple and now another Simcoe/Amarillo IPA. Happy Friday!

Drinking a sour-mashed saison that has finally come into it's own. The lacto has died down, and the spicy saison is showing through. It is a good day indeed!

Finally home drinking real beer. Sour lemon rye

Went to one of our favorite bars to see a band play tonight, the local microbrewery's beer they had on tap was to young you could smell the yeastyness of it. No, I didn't even bother trying. The stupid college kids were downing it though. Smelled like my fermenting chamber! Nasty!

Just kicked my keg of Scottish 80/- last night. Now drinking a SMASH Pale Ale made of only pale malt and Cascade along with another American Pale Ale. A Wee Heavy, Imperial IPA and Old Ale are all aging for the fall.

Here's a picture of the Scottish 80/-:
2013-04-04 12.08.46.jpg

Here's the SMASH Pale Ale:
2013-04-15 16.40.01.jpg

I also tossed back some scrambled eggs & pork-n-beans with that. Now if I'd had some sausages,it'd be more like an Irish breakfast.

Back