Greetings From Fenton Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

builder59

Reaction score
Hello. Name is Ron and I have been brewing for about 5 years now. Was an extract brewer for the first year then went to partials because I found a better brew store. I am now in my 9th batch of all grain using. 3 retired half barrels, two Blichman burners and one pump. Had a few learning curves.
1. Don't pitch hops as soon as boil starts. Boil Over!!! Make sure you have a spray bottle handy. Now I let the break happen first, then pitch first hop addition.
2. Make sure all thermometers are calibrated. Having 4 will drive you crazy.
I calibrated them all.
3. Make sure you don't drink too much beer and have too many brews going and transferring to secondary's. I had two brews in a day, plus transferred to 10 gal batches to secondary's and pitched the wrong yeast into my Kolcsh. I pitched a Cali yeast.

So that's me in a nut shell. I am a builder and have built 30,000 sq. ft. three story buildings and can do just about anything. Hit me up if you need a quote.

Ron
'

Back