Just brewed a batch after 20 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otterwan

Reaction score
Hey all. After a 20 year hiatus I just brewed a batch. I used a kit (True Brew Irish Stout) and bottled Saturday. So far all has gone well, and I have 45 12 oz bottles conditioning (plus one 16 oz plastic pop bottle as a carbonation indicator). I'll let you know how it goes.

People homebrewed in the 90's? :)

The first time I even knew homebrewing existed was in about 2003 when a friend's father homebrewed. Had not met anyone else who did until 2011 when my brother in law got me started!

Welcome back!

I too, just restarted this last weekend after a 12 year hiatus.

Feels good to smell the boiling wort and hops again.

Although right now I'm quite easily amused by looking at the airlock on the fermenter and go to check it every hour our so....

Otterwan said:
Hey all. After a 20 year hiatus I just brewed a batch. I used a kit (True Brew Irish Stout) and bottled Saturday. So far all has gone well, and I have 45 12 oz bottles conditioning (plus one 16 oz plastic pop bottle as a carbonation indicator). I'll let you know how it goes.

Hmm welcome back. Maybe I should say run away! This has become one hell of a hobby when you can combine drunken ramblings with science on the Internet. I had a similar 20 year brewing hiatus and I must say adding the web to the hobby is like pouring gas on a fire...

Back