Rubber Gasket inside cooler Mash Tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
So the best solution I can currently come up with to get the inside of my mash tun sealed up is to use a rubber washer. The washer that I have on hand is a soft rubber washer that is intended for garden hoses (see below).... is anyone using something similar? I don't really want my beer to end up tasting like hose water...

2a20151a-b18b-4f42-848d-a019a0c3c93c_300.jpg

Totally use what it takes to seal the leak. I've had had some serious issues trying to get mash tun coolers to seal. Many many variations of different seal conglomerations and finally find one that works. And then there are some that seal right up with a couple orings.
It's the boil kettle that needs heat resistant elastomers.
Cheers

Unfortunately there was originally no drainage spigot in my cooler so I had to drill the hole myself.

Totally use what it takes to seal the leak. I've had had some serious issues trying to get mash tun coolers to seal. Many many variations of different seal conglomerations and finally find one that works. And then there are some that seal right up with a couple orings.
It's the boil kettle that needs heat resistant elastomers.
Cheers

Right on. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Hopefully its enough to keep it sealed.

My last mash tun I went through probably 15 different arrangements of oring/seal possibilities before I found one that worked! The factory hole was whack!

My first one was plug and play.
You'll get it just keep jacking with it

Check the Hardware section in Lowes for Rubber grommets. That's what I had to use for my MLT and HLT builds

Back