Flying Fish Red Fish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaronimo

Reaction score
I have searched through the threads but cannot find a recipe for flying fish red fish. Their website lists it as a west coast hoppy red ale. It is also one of my favorites to drink, so its time to try and replicate it.

Anyone have a recipe or any thoughts on this?

jaronimo said:
I have searched through the threads but cannot find a recipe for flying fish red fish. Their website lists it as a west coast hoppy red ale. It is also one of my favorites to drink, so its time to try and replicate it.

Anyone have a recipe or any thoughts on this?

Never had it but a quick look at the website shows the general ingredients malt bill OG and the hops used. Sounds like a tasty beer

I am too new to brewing to figure it out from a general ingredients list. At least i am unable at the moment, maybe after some time...

I am too new to brewing to figure it out from a general ingredients list. At least i am unable at the moment, maybe after some time...

Well, the OG is 1.070
Thats a start

Heres the figures of what they tell us:
Malts: Two-row pale, cara-red, blackprinz, and medium crystal(80L)
Hops: Cascades, Columbus, and Chinook (dry hopped with cascades and chinook)
Yeast: US-05
Black Prinz will be just colour so maybe 1%
Columbus will most likely be the bittering hop.
My advice is make something up you think sounds tasty, and stick it on here for comment... no time to start make recipes like the present. :)

Latest posts

Back