Pool Party brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull_Brewer

Reaction score
Hey all. This forum has been helpful answering every question I've had, save this one.

I have a pool party in just over 3 weeks, and I want to use my brand new keg. I plan to prime the keg with sugar to carbonate (not force carb) and use my keg charger to serve. There are going to be a lot of people there I don't really know, so I need a brew that is going to have mass appeal. I don't have the setup to lager, so that's out, and I'm looking to go brew kettle to glass in about 3 weeks. I have 5 successful extract batches under my belt, so I kinda know what I'm doing as far as the basics go. Any style/recipe suggestions?

TL;DR: quick, simple, popular brew.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/
if u can deal with AG or BIAB.

Not really sure how the carbing with sugar in the keg will go but u MIGHT be able to squeak this one in IF u decide to change ur mind and force carb.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/miller-lite-really-triple-hopped-123937/

Im not too sure what other "appealing" brew u'll be able to sneak in. Maybe a stout with a <10 day ferment, but anything u wanna carb with sugar is gonna need AT LEAST 2-3 weeks to get close to the right volume. Does ur LHBS maybe have a 5 lb CO2 tank u can maybe rent to force carb it?

Brewing a beer and using sugar to carb it in three weeks is a very tall order. It may not be possible. If you force carb then it would be possible. I've done it many times. You need to brew a low alcohol beer like a cream ale, a blond ale, or an English mild ale. You also need to use a high flocculation yeast like Wyeast 1968 or Wyeast 1728.

Latest posts

Back