Semi automated filler cans/bottles/whatever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02RedWS6TA

Reaction score
Built myself a semi automated filler, very semi automatic as you still need to push buttons for everything it does. Some day I'm hopeful I'll be able to use an Arduino to fill but for now this will hopefully do the trick. Ran cleaner and sanitizer through it tonight, going to can up 4 gallons of beer tomorrow.

Basically 4 12v solenoid valve hooked up to rocker switches in a control box to control the purge/fill. The 5th switch controls the actuator to lift/lower the fill heads and the knob is a speed control for the actuator to lift slowly as it fills. Control panel needs the wiring finish up but I want to wait until my table I'm going to use full time shows up to finish it all.

Control box and valves, check valves are on the c02 side:

81089457245204381519.jpg

Linear rail with a guide block guides it up and down:

40440701794963469319.jpg

Finished up next to the can seamer rinsing the lines:

27423868602387455289.jpg

Quick little video running sanitizer through it, control box was set up/wired to be on my right, not the left. Hence why I think I need to rewire it. When my new table shows up it'll be permanently mounted on my right.

https://youtu.be/836x2dG-C3Y

Back