Selling Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indianabiker

Reaction score
I am interested in selling soda that i brew to local restaurants. I won't be opening my own shop because in our area a soda shop wouldnt be able to make it as a couple closed down last year. I will be making it from my house or if i'm not able to do that I'll figure something out. Do i have to get any licenses to do that? And if so what types? Thanks!

I am interested in selling soda that i brew to local restaurants. I won't be opening my own shop because in our area a soda shop wouldnt be able to make it as a couple closed down last year. I will be making it from my house or if i'm not able to do that I'll figure something out. Do i have to get any licenses to do that? And if so what types? Thanks!

Yes, you need to have certification or a food license to do that. In our area, that would require a commercial kitchen and can't be done at home, but in other areas they may just have you deal with the local Health Department for inspections and have you get your business license through the state.

Hi, wanted to know what you found out about selling your own sodas in your state. We have talked with soda makers who sell with at Farmer's Markets in other states. Like Yooper said, it varies by state but thought you may consider contacting a Farmer's market association as a good way to sell direct. Licensing this way may be a little easier.

Back