What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limoncello - in the proper glass..

limo.jpg

Oh good. 9.2 should follow two pours of 10.2 nicely. :) Starting the weekend off right!
I've enjoyed all four you sent so far. I have no reason to doubt that I will enjoy the sour porter. I currently have it at room temp since you recommended that. Just let me know when you think I should chill and drink.

I'm glad you have. As much as I'm going to enjoy that triple bock, I'd feel bad if you hadn't. The porter is ok whenever. Just pour vigorously. Interested to see what you think. Entered the porter and a couple of the saisons in NHC this year.

First try of a 2 weeked bottled(Im proud of waiting this long/somewhat accidently or forgettfully waiting ;)) And I only chilled it down for 4 hrs. First Gold Esb with Burton yeast/salts.Wow very nice.I can help think of Bass pale ale though because of the yeast/salts for how it finishes and no Im not too fond of that beer but Burtonyeast/salts =Bass Pale ale so far,to me. Since Ive first recently tried that beer..Minerally with fruity with a nice dry crisp finish.The finish is what reminds me of bass that dry minerally yeast character it has, think I made a winner in this one though its a hell of alot better than bass as far as that beer goes, gonna chill some down and enter this one into a comp.Every now and then you get those "wow!" homebrews. The aroma clarity and First gold/freshness is awesome. I want another.But proabably moving on to a 6 hr fridged recent Landlord/Innkeeper clone-next. They cleared up fast in the bottle too with no chill haze even refrigerated briefly.

A Capital limited release - the Capital Square series - called the Eisphyre. It's like the Autumnal Fire, but eis-y. I stumbled upon it at Riley's on Gorham, along with the last Citra Bomb in the cooler. I keep passing up the St. Sebastiaan earthenware bottles, just for this Wisconsin goodliness. I must have a problem.

Anyway, the Eisphyre. If you live in the Madison area, get it at least once. If you don't, get it at least once.

allenH said:
Terrapin Hopzilla DIPA. 10.3%. This is dank citrus, like smoking a doob and then getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson wearing grapefruit gloves. Bam!

That sounds incredible!

allenH said:
Terrapin Hopzilla DIPA. 10.3%. This is dank citrus, like smoking a doob and then getting punched in the face by Mike Tyson wearing grapefruit gloves. Bam!

I've actually had that happen. It's amazing. ;)

TNGabe said:
I'm glad you have. As much as I'm going to enjoy that triple bock, I'd feel bad if you hadn't. The porter is ok whenever. Just pour vigorously. Interested to see what you think. Entered the porter and a couple of the saisons in NHC this year.

I think I ended up with the better end of the deal.
None of your beers have tasted like a wet cardboard dog bed slathered in soy sauce and burnt sugar. The Triple Bock most certainly does.
Enjoy! :D

The wife's aunt brought it back from the brewery a couple weeks ago. I got to say tho after the forth glass this is pretty tasty and it helped with cleaning the carpets tonight so it's mediocre not horrible but not bad either

Great Lakes-Rye of the tiger. Seems a little sub-par for them as I think they are a pretty awesome brewery myself and have better they offer but could be changing my mind here. Its probably only the aroma lacking although I thought this was current/seasonal beer.Its still a nice ipa/price also. I think its still killing a Left Coast IIpa hopjuice I had earlier.Would drink this over that anyday. The bigger better thing sometimes backfires. And my conclusion(opinion) is that great lakes ipa kills a double ipa. I got issues with trying double ipas though,but whatever.

MrNickVT said:
Really? I thought zombie dust was pretty good.

To be fair it is a "pale ale" and I'm on a ipa/iipa kick a la heady, lunch, sucks, Pliny.

Also "cloned" zombie dust for my wedding and preferred it to the original. I guess dark lord will have to wow me...

HB IPA a bit overcarbed, sure makes the aroma pop:cross:

I admit it. I've over carbed APA's & IPA's on purpose so I can enjoy the aroma a little more. and the sharpness of the carbonation seems to play nice with the bittering. I'll tell you, but no one else: I'm gonna do it again.

Back