Agave Lemonade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akidd17

Reaction score
I was thinking of making an Agave sweetened sparkling Lemonade and wanted to see if anyone had a recipe or suggestions? I had seen somewhere where someone had used a sparkling lemonade to "acid wash" a rootbeer corny as I 've heard that rootbeer leaves a residue and can spoil beer batch flavors. Anyway, any suggestions?

Thanks,

-A

You can probably use a honey or sugar to agave conversion ratio... like i posted a few topics down in the honey and sugar topic.

Awesome, thanks for the reply.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, but in reading about honey they seem to say favor the mildest pale. An agave promotion site calls it equally sweet to honey http://www.allaboutagave.com/substituting-agave-nectar-for-other-sugars.php and thus probably honey can use same formula i quote below. They do say honey can kill infants thru botulism and has twice the glycemic index of agave. But i'm more interested in their claim honey or agave is almost twice as sweet than corn syrup... maybe it's almost affordable, except vs high fructose cs.

Substituting Agave Nectar for Granulated Sugar

White Sugar
For each cup of white sugar replaced, use 2/3 of a cup of agave and reduce other liquids by 1/4 to 1/3 cup. This substitution will also work for Demerara Sugar, Turbinado Sugar, Evaporated Cane Juice, or Sucanat.

Back