Sankey D keg lug alignment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x3la

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm unable to use the coupler on my new keg. I assume that the lugs can be re-aligned? Does anyone have any tips on a tool to use? It's currently full of uncarbonated beer..
20220804_135622.jpg
20220804_135548.jpg
20220804_135613.jpg

If you have a 3D printer, something like this Sanke Keg Spear Cleaner by stevereno30 might help. There are spear removal tools, I went to the local box store, picked up a short section of threaded iron pipe that was the right diameter to fit, used an angle grinder to take out spaces for the "ears", drilled a hole through the sides to fit a pipe straight through, and use that as my keg spear removal tool.

This is assuming that the spear is threaded as I can't see a locking clip.

Your other option would be to cut the handle back a bit. The will create some heat though, so if you are worried about the beer, I would cool it way down first.

If you have a 3D printer, something like this Sanke Keg Spear Cleaner by stevereno30 might help. There are spear removal tools, I went to the local box store, picked up a short section of threaded iron pipe that was the right diameter to fit, used an angle grinder to take out spaces for the "ears", drilled a hole through the sides to fit a pipe straight through, and use that as my keg spear removal tool.

This is assuming that the spear is threaded as I can't see a locking clip.

Your other option would be to cut the handle back a bit. The will create some heat though, so if you are worried about the beer, I would cool it way down first.
Managed to use brute force and ignorance to move the lugs with a flat headed screwdriver and hammer.

This helped:

20220804_144430.jpg
20220804_144507.jpg

Back