• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

22 oz pry top amber bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf320

Reaction score
Looking for six cases. I am starting to brew again after a 15 year break. Bottles are my last piece to get. Thanks for your help.
Jim

Have you checked craigslist? There's a guy here who sells them cleaned and ready to use for $11 a dozen. Do you have any beer bars near by? You could ask if you can have any empties they might have.

I have been checking Craigslist. No one in my area. Has anyone had success in buying a pallet of bottles and then selling the extras?

Jim

Have you checked craigslist? There's a guy here who sells them cleaned and ready to use for $11 a dozen. Do you have any beer bars near by? You could ask if you can have any empties they might have.

Aren't they new at the LHBS for $12 or $13 a dozen? Seems expensive for used.

Aren't they new at the LHBS for $12 or $13 a dozen? Seems expensive for used.

My LHBS sells them for $15 a dozen, plus tax. The guy on craigslist delivers for free if you buy 5 or more cases. So for $55 I get 60 bottles delivered for what would cost me $75 plus tax, gas, and time at the LHBS. The guy on craigslist also sells them uncleaned for $9/doz.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I ended up going to a couple of beverage centers and asked if I could purchase their returns for homebrewing. They were very good about it. It probably helped that I was buying a case of beer when I asked. I ended up with six cases of 22 oz empties for a nickel a bottle. I took them home and cleaned them right up.

dallasdb said:
What do you mean by beverage center?

Who returns bombers after they drink them?

Quite a few were returned. Lots of arrogant bastard ale bottles.

Back