Upstate NY Group Buys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvolvedBrews

Reaction score
Does anyone do a group grain buy in the upstate NY area? I'm in the Binghamton area! If so, leave me some details!!!!

deadfall said:
I was in sunsethydro and they were saying they were about to raise their prices on bulk grain. We need to get a buy together a some point. There wont be a buy anytime soon. Read this thread. It will have more info then I have.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/all-group-buy-participants-ncm-price-change-397386/

I have a few local wine shops that would be more then happy to order some grain. pm me

You are spreading misinformation. Sunset is not raising prices on bulk grain. Maybe you need to go back and get your facts in order before posting on a forum about a local business's pricing.

I would be interested in a group buy but would have to beat Sunset prices by a good margin. I like their service and prices. The brew talk is an added bonus. Let me know about the details on a group buy.

I would be interested in a group buy but would have to beat Sunset prices by a good margin. I like their service and prices. The brew talk is an added bonus. Let me know about the details on a group buy.

I somehow think my post was taken wrong. I have spent at least $1000 at sunset. Good people. I just find their grain over priced. At least their bulk prices. I bought a bag the day I posted that the manager told me that there were going to be price increases.

I've bought 2row for like $33 a bag at two different wine shops. The trick is that it gets tacked on one of their bulk orders that ships by pallet. Sunsets sale price was $50 a bag. I'll say it again, good people. They are making a profit. I'll continue to buy my bulk grain from my local wine shops for now.

Back