Going to Boston. Looking for watering holes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarks

Reaction score
The SWMBO and myself are heading to Boston for 4 nights around the July 4th holiday. We are staying in the Back Bay area and I'm looking for some great places to drink craft beer. We don't have a car but will be using the public transportation and our feet to get around.

Cheers.

Black Rose in Boston

A lot of history in that pub. The IRA used to meet there and a lot of support from America was funneled through there.

For me it is a must see in Boston

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Where in town will you be and what will you be doing? Frankly you could be there weeks on not hit all of the great places for beer there are in that city.

Black rose doesn't do it for me, kind of a tourist trap. And since it opened in 1976, I doubt its seen much by way of history or IRA hooligans. The Green Dragon Tavern on the other hand.... (and just down the street).

Where in town will you be and what will you be doing? Frankly you could be there weeks on not hit all of the great places for beer there are in that city.

Black rose doesn't do it for me, kind of a tourist trap. And since it opened in 1976, I doubt its seen much by way of history or IRA hooligans. The Green Dragon Tavern on the other hand.... (and just down the street).

Other than catching a Red Sox game on July 4th and the fire works we have no plans. I have the evening of the 3rd and all day/night on the 5th and 6th to do whatever. No plans. We will likely be walking around taking in some sights and stopping in for beers/food when we pass a place that catches our eye.

When I travel, I always try to make a point of getting off the beaten path to hang out with the locals. And this usually involves beer and food.

Back