San Diego for leave where can i find Pliny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC_0602

Reaction score
I'm home for leave from NC and would like to get my hands on some Pliny the Elder and recommendations for bottle shops around the area? Thanks in advance!!

I could also use some recommendations for some go to nano-breweries. So far White Labs tasting lab and Belching Beaver are on my list.

Merry Christmas!

Pizza Port Bottle shop may have it.

Belching Beaver and White Labs are good choices. Others may include... Alesmith (just moved into their new brewery), Mike Hess, Rip Current, Bagbys, Stone, and Ballast Point. Theres a ton more breweries here also if youre interested in a more in depth itinerary :)

Pizza Port Bottle shop may have it.

Belching Beaver and White Labs are good choices. Others may include... Alesmith (just moved into their new brewery), Mike Hess, Rip Current, Bagbys, Stone, and Ballast Point. Theres a ton more breweries here also if youre interested in a more in depth itinerary :)

Appreciate it! I'm well aware that I wont be able to visit a lot of of breweries in SD due to the amount that has popped up in the recent year or even months. Thanks for your recommendations though!

Oh very cool. Feel free to PM me and I can give you a very detailsed run down. What kind of styles do you like? Bonita puts you close-ish to Alpine brewing. Definitely recommend that place.

The other thing to check with Pliny is what day it gets delivered. Everywhere I know that carries it around here gets theirs on the same day, and it's all gone within a couple of hours.

It tends to last a little while down here. We seem to get quite a bit of it and now I think people are starting to realize that its overrated/overhyped compared to some of the other options out there.

I thought I saw it at the Navy Exchange at 32nd Street. Pretty good craft beer selection in the back of the package store.

Check Best Damn Bottle Shop downtown on 7th. They have a great selection including Pliny, but you have to ask for it and they only give one bottle/customer. If you like DIPAs, I suggest you try Alpine Pure Hoppiness and Knee Deep Lupulin River (which beat PTE heads up in a bay area DIPA competition/fest).

I swung by Rip Current when I was down there for new years, and tried every beer on tap... I was drunk. Especially since I did the same thing at Lost Abbey right before that :)

Back