Sams Club now requiring proof to buy B.I.B.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishiwas

Reaction score
I went to my local Sam's Club 11-7-09 to purchase MinuteMaid Lemonade and was told they cant sell it to me. I asked them why since I have purchased this there several times before.
They told me Coke now has a new policy requiring proof of your business before they can sell to you. I told them it was for my home (and it is) but they said Coke follows up on the sales.
Anyone else purchase B.I.B. there recently and what was your experience? Did they deny you?
Where else can I purchase real Coke or Pepsi B.I.B. products?

I've run across this policy in many stores over the years. Smart'n'Final is the same way.

i know gordons foods here in michigan has had that policy for awhile now...i just use a buddys restaurant for mine(he knows about it to) for coke stuff.

pepsi unfortunatley doesnt sell it to sam, gfs, or anywhere else where it may be resold. they want you to have an account with them for these things so they can rape you. fortunately i have friend whose brother works for pepsi and we can get bags for @$60 with a good wk or more advance warning. he actually had a couple accounts close out this month and we bought the extra bags back from the stores (8 bib for 200) every one was more than half full still most were just barely used so good deal for us.

Like I mentioned, I have been buying my bibs there before. Have you folks tried recently and been turned down? I don't know any places in my area with syrup. They are mostly bottles.
Places like Burger King and Papa Ginos are here but they are chains and I am sure they won't sell to me.

Like I mentioned, I have been buying my bibs there before. Have you folks tried recently and been turned down? I don't know any places in my area with syrup. They are mostly bottles.
Places like Burger King and Papa Ginos are here but they are chains and I am sure they won't sell to me.

do you have a breakfast or lunch cafe that you frequent? you might be able to get them to sell you some if you know the owner, thats how i started and swapped in some beer/wine to him also.

how do you guys use these? just dont the syrup into a 5gal keg and mix with water? i see one website has the 5gallon boxes for $89-99(cherry coke, regular coke, pepsi, dr pepper, mt dew, etc.)

That depends if your vending a non carbonated product or not.
I happend to choose 2 non carb flavors. Nestea Raspberry Ice Tea and MinuteMaid Lemonade Lite.
In theory, yes, you could just mix these flavors with water, but getting the mixture right is the concern.
My machine looks like this: http://www.bobizan.com/coke/Large sized/100_0655.JPG
I am only running these 2 flavors, (now back on topic) but I am not sure what to do when I run out.

how do you guys use these? just dont the syrup into a 5gal keg and mix with water? i see one website has the 5gallon boxes for $89-99(cherry coke, regular coke, pepsi, dr pepper, mt dew, etc.)

most people use a postmix dispenser system, but you can also mix the syrup with water in a corny keg and force carbonate it the way the pepsi and coke distributors used to do (they called it premix, up until recently pepsi still offered premix, coke discontinued it years ago... fwiw this is why ball lock kegs are still plentiful)

when i've done it, i've used 15 quarts water, 3 quarts syrup for 5:1 brix, 18 quarts of soda. diet syrup is different, usually mixes at 5.5:1 brix so it would be 16.5 quarts water, 3 quarts syrup for 19.5 quarts of soda.

In the SF Bay Area we have a business center Costco that sells mainly food service and business related products, but anyone with a membership can make purchases there. I last bought a couple BIB's in August, so I don't know if they've changed their policy. I also tried a Smart&Final but was turned down as well.

Since I'm using the machine in college away from that Costco, I got a friend that works at a restaurant get me 3 5-gals at $60 a piece. I also checked with a regional food distribution company and they said they would sell to me without a business account, but they wanted something like $100 for Sprite and $110 for Nestea.

If it really gets hard to buy in a store, looks like everyone with post-mix machines will need to become good friends with local restaurant owners. I know you can get it online, but shipping on a 50lb box is not going to be cheap.

Not to rude, but this thread has strayed so far off of the topic I started it as.
As a reminder, my comment/question was re: Sams Club checking for buisness ids now to buy BIB's. How is your Sam's doing it.

Not to rude, but this thread has strayed so far off of the topic I started it as.
As a reminder, my comment/question was re: Sams Club checking for buisness ids now to buy BIB's. How is your Sam's doing it.

the local cash & carry checks for business id on pepsi and coke products, but not the generic bibs. i buy generic tonic syrup there, but get the diet coke bibs at a local restaurant who orders me an extra when i need it.

Hi Marzit, which Cash and Carry is this that has bibs? I shop at my local C&C in Olympia and they don't carry them.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back