Sam Adam's Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
You know, I've got to have a soft spot in my heart for Sam Adams because it was the first craft beer I really got into and the fact that they've got to be partially responsible for the increasing available "good" beer selection we've seen over the last 10-12 years. But I've got to say I can't hardly stomach the stuff anymore.

I went to a restaurant the other day and the only decent beer they had was SA lager, it had no flavor. then a week later I decided to try their Pale Ale...WEAK. Hardly any hoppy flavor at all. I quit choosing it a few years ago because all of their beers tasted the same. It hasn't gotten any better.

Sure not trying to offend any Sam Adams lovers out there, but I had to say it.

Hmmm...when I'm out at the local cookie cutter eateries (TGI Friday's, Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays) I'm usually thanking my lucky stars if they have Sam Adam's on tap. I usually don't care what it is because it is certainly WAY better then anything else I can get.

I still like the Boston Lager and quite a bit. I doubt I'd buy it in the liquor store ever again, but if it is my only option--I'm all over it and loving life, especially when I consider the alternative.

I pretty much share ORRELSE's opinion. I always breath a sigh of relief when the waitress at least rattles off some flavor of Sammy when I ask what's on draft. But I never buy it at the supermarket or when presented with a better option. Pete's Wicked is another example of the same phenomenon for me, except that I do occasionally pick up their summer ale when it's on sale...I'm a sucker for a baseball theme in a summer beer.

Well, don't get me wrong when it's a choice between Fosters, Beck's or Sam Adams. I don't guess that really a choice at all....It's Sammys.

I don't want to hear it! I had to drink a Killian's in a restaraunt the other night. :mad: Thank God is was ice cold to hold the "aroma" down.

Oh, I meant to add....Sam Adams' commercials are what really gets on my nerves about them.

"I'd rather put people in stale beer than stale beer in people." :rolleyes:

"Hops are to beer as grapes are to wine." :rolleyes:

"*Smashes face in handfull of whole hops*" :rolleyes:

The only Sam Adam's I've ever drank is their Cream Stout. Wasn't too bad. I'd pick a Sam's over any BMC, but only if there's nothing better on tap.

Back