Help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickel23

Reaction score
I am in need of an extract ingredient kit that is flavorful, produces a low IBU and is light in color. I am brewing it as a gift for my father in-law. He isn't exactly sold on craft beer. I want to sell him! Any suggestions on a nice style/kit?

Mix a light can of coopers lme and a can of unhopped muntons light lme . The coopers can will have the yeast in the lid. Simple but good.

How much of each for a 2 gallon batch? Or 5 gallon. I can brew either size.

1 can of each both are like 3.3lbs each. Start the boil at 2.5 gallons add the lme boil for 1 hr. Add water to total 5 gal . Or a little less water if you want it a little stronger.

Good point my first batch i did like this only had a final abv of like 3.0 using the coopers yeast.

Another option is Midwest Supplies Liberty Cream Ale. I think it's there most popular kit and has nearly a perfect 5 star rating.

That's a great idea! Any "cream ale" should work out great. They are like American lagers but are made with ale yeast. I have seen a kit by Brewer's Best, too, for a cream ale that I thought was really a good solid recipe kit.

I'd stay far away from something like Munton's or Cooper's prehopped LME kits and their yeast strains if you want something that fits the bill.

That's a great idea! Any "cream ale" should work out great. They are like American lagers but are made with ale yeast. I have seen a kit by Brewer's Best, too, for a cream ale that I thought was really a good solid recipe kit.

I'd stay far away from something like Munton's or Cooper's prehopped LME kits and their yeast strains if you want something that fits the bill.

I just tasted a batch of coopers 1 can dark pre hopped lme mixed with 1 can unhopped muntons lme and it was tastey no sugar or anything else added.

Latest posts

Back