Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tschw136

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't add this into the other one, but now that my airlock is no longer vigorously bubbling do I still need to keep the temp between 64-72 F?

Yes, just because it's not bubbling, does not mean it's not fermentating. Keep it there until time comes to move.

You really want your fermentation temperatures to remain as stable and as constant as possible. Near the end of fermentation, the temperature can be ramped up a few degrees to help get those last few points knocked off and help the yeast clean up any off flavors. What you really want to avoid is temperature fluctuation.

Temp control is mainly intended for initial fermentation. once that's done (the mad bubbling slows or stops),then you can let the temp go up slightly to make sure it finishes fermenting. wspecially if the temp was low. Once past initial fermentation,the danger of off flavors is over.

Back