S Goldings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Appcr4sh

Reaction score
Hi i'm a new brewer and what you guys a little help: some recipes that I found uses "S. Goldings" hop. I find that this is Styrian Goldings hop, is that right?

Now the end question: I have access to Styrian Savinjski Golding. Is this the same? If different, can be used?

Thanks!

Same hop but a good question. Over the past few years a lot of styrian golding variants have come into the market with different names that are sometimes sold as, for example, celeia or styrian celeia which is a golding child but definitely a different hop. Sometimes hops are styrian goldings grown in a particlar area with that area's name tied in to try to distinguish them as hops grown in an area that grows a quality product.

I have a chart that compares hops and fuggles is related to goldings. And seen a video now, the guy uses "Goldings" hop, so, by what you guys said, This kind of styrian golding can be used, right?

Back