Rough Night..Havin a cow.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
There are 19 people logged in this forum and no one's saying anything...

Am I going to have to get this party going or what?

sorry.. i was sitting here with my first opened bottle of my Kaduva AIPA, slowly savoring it and discussing the flavor with my wife.

we have improvements to make.

don't beat me, master. i'll start jabbering..... just gotta get another beer.

-walker

Whoot ! Whoot ! ( Hands in the air ) The roof is on fire !.... O.K., I'm trying.
Gotta get up early tomorrow and work for the Man. It's the one Saturday a month that the Cable Gods require of me. I've got a head full of beer , but it's starting to get heavy.

It keeps me from being on call, which is cool. I once did that for 6 years straight. Don't think my liver could make it through that experience again. How 'bout we try again tomorrow night? I promise to be tight and talkative. See ya !

one of the many images I found when looking for artwork to use on my IPA label, ironically. (The very beer I am sipping for the first time tonight.)

I had done a google search for "bitter grimace" because I originally thought my Kaduva AIPA was going to be too bitter.

Anyway, I chose to use this picture instead, but my avatar was almost used.

edit: the beer is not too bitter at all. it needs a more crisp/minty flavor on the nose, but the bitterness is good and the flavor yummy (though it has a very slight banana ester issue like my porter I was bitching about the other day... the hops might be hiding it in this beer.)

-walker

Sudster said:
That scottish ale label is awesome. I really like that one.

yeah, i like that one, too. Now I just have to brew the beer that goes with it! (Brewing it in 10 days, got everything but the yeast in the house already.)

-walker

Woo! Just got done brewing. Second ever AG, went so much smoother then the first, 70% efficiency, smelled awesome, and my "UFB Porter Kai" is a go. I don't think I was even this excited with my first batch :D

*breaks out the amps and turn tables* Party time!

LupusUmbrus said:
Woo! Just got done brewing. Second ever AG, went so much smoother then the first, 70% efficiency, smelled awesome, and my "UFB Porter Kai" is a go. I don't think I was even this excited with my first batch :D

*breaks out the amps and turn tables* Party time!

I think that's what I like the best about the process .. the aromas.

anyone want to window shop? here's what's coming up at Walker's Brewing Company:

on the left, Kaduva American IPA, on the right, a gashtly attempt at a Caramel Porter.
bottles.10.14.05.JPG

And behind this in the pipeline, we have the Kaffee Stout (right) and last nights nightmare brew... My Fat Tire Clone (left).

carboys.10.14.05.JPG

That fat tire is going crazy right now, as you can see.

-walker

I think that Fat Tire is going to make it...yeasties look comfy. That Stout is clearing up good too.

that stout is blacker than sin. i honestly can't tell if it's clear or still cloudy.

the activity in the fat tire is violent. this morning, there was almost an equator of clear beer in the middle of it... the yeast on top were tying to go down, the yeast on bottom were trying tocome up. stormy in the middle.

that fermenter is several degrees warmer than the stout due to the energy inside.

-walker

Back