Rootbeer Beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingofPop

Reaction score
I mixed up a batch of Rootbeer using Champagne yeast and I let it sit a few days, maybe like 4, and I put it in the fridge last night and whenI took it out this Morning, I was Stoked! I twisted the cap and heard the longest PSSSSSST! I ever heard from opening a 2 liter bottle, It even Foamed up Beautifully as I poured it in a glass, it was Awesome, but whenI took a sip, man, tasted like Beer...with a hint of rootbeer.
I like the foaming up and even the amount of carbonation that was in it, it was all perfect except the taste.Has anyone had this happen? I tried making up a new batch again today and I used less yeast and more sugar.I hope that helps, but would anyone know how to remedy this?

Next time, make sure you use plastic bottles and put them in the fridge as soon as they get hard to make the yeast go dormant. More/less yeast isn't the answer- the key is to stop the fermentation process as soon as the bottles are firm and the root beer is carbed up.

Next time, make sure you use plastic bottles and put them in the fridge as soon as they get hard to make the yeast go dormant. More/less yeast isn't the answer- the key is to stop the fermentation process as soon as the bottles are firm and the root beer is carbed up.

Put them in the fridge as soon as they get hard? Even if its only one day? I will try that , I just checked them and their still not solid yet, the last one I did got solid REAL fast. I will do another batch tomorrow and do the same thing as last time except I will put them in the fridge as soon as it gets hard.
Thank you!

I FINALLY GOT IT! Rootbeer came out Hecka Good! I Love My Homemade Rootbeer!
I made it, mixed it all together and let it sit, as soon as it got solid, it went in the fridge and I took it out and it was Perfect! I also did some Cherry Cola yesterday and its getting hard right now.
I mixed the yeast in a seperate cup of warm watr and let it sit for about 5 minutes and mixed it in.
Also, I found that this Rootbeer I made, gives me some Champion Burps!

Back