Roofer took over my side yard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the site is filled with Richard Cranium know it alls.....Thats what makes it so amusing
I AM NOT a Richard Cranium . . . On another post it was proven that I am "THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR" I am good with that! Does the lowest common denominator USUALLY give people the benefit of the doubt? As opposed to the brightly enlightened elite who's undeniable omnipotent vision automatically grant them powers of condemnation; EVEN, in arenas which they HAVE NO ACTUAL PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE? (That last part really is a VERY simple concept - do you find it elusive . . . Oh all knowing judges-from-the-distance) You seem good people Jonny - You be wasting your time on this thread! Let's just brew some beer! >>>> YOU pick the style, something we can slug down coming off a thousand degree roof on a 90 degree day when we are trying to keep the new guys from spinning their toes and tearing up the job . . . .You know the days I mean! (Guess how I PAID my way through college . . . YES we paid back in my day snowflakes - the government didn't give it to us free! HARD to believe i know)

Ballistic engineer, and type 07 FFL (Licensed manufacturer) Thank you for asking though. And for proving my point - That a LOT OF PEOPLE with absolutely NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE in this situation; nonetheless feel perfectly informed to cast unending and unsubstantiated aspersions. In other words you are being what my last roofer called a "Richard Cranium"

I have firsthand information. My neighbor behind me hired a fencing contractor last year to replace his fence. Contractor piled supplies all over my back yard, and broke some sprinkler heads in the process. I call neighbor, give him a friendly heads-up, neighbor talks to contactor, contractor moves stuff. I replace the sprinkler heads (about $15 of parts). Neighbor later apologizes, brings over beers, despite it not being his fault. Problem fixed, and no bad feelings between neighbors. I don't give a shiat what the contractor thinks. He doesn't live here.

I have firsthand information. My neighbor behind me hired a fencing contractor last year to replace his fence. Contractor piled supplies all over my back yard, and broke some sprinkler heads in the process. I call neighbor, give him a friendly heads-up, neighbor talks to contactor, contractor moves stuff. I replace the sprinkler heads (about $15 of parts). Neighbor later apologizes, brings over beers, despite it not being his fault. Problem fixed, and no bad feelings between neighbors. I don't give a shiat what the contractor thinks. He doesn't live here.
Wait...so you actually did simple manual labor and laid out $15 of your own money to keep the piece and all worked out well....what a crazy concept

Wait...so you actually did simple manual labor and laid out $15 of your own money to keep the piece and all worked out well....what a crazy concept

Yup, I like to get along with my neighbors. The people who used to own that house behind us were the neighbors from hell. They moved out (foreclosed) in 2013, and the family that bought it and still live there are great. I'm not going to do anything to piss off good neighbors like that.

Contractor troubles next door? Talk to the people who hired them, not the contractors.

Most everyone on this thread would be neighbors from hell....glad to here there's some normal non self righteous people left in the world

I AM being self-righteous . . . But i am trying to do it ironically. That DOES NOT MAKE ME A HIPSTER does it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not take that in my current fragile state!

Most everyone on this thread would be neighbors from hell....glad to here there's some normal non self righteous people left in the world

I'm guessing you include yourself in the normal group? You mentioned needing to shoot certain neighbors, and if they made you mad you'd make their life a living hell forever (I mean, if you didn't shoot them of course). Is that normal?

I'm guessing you include yourself in the normal group? You mentioned needing to shoot certain neighbors, and if they made you mad you'd make their life a living hell forever (I mean, if you didn't shoot them of course). Is that normal?
I consider myself in the normal group.
First you kill them with kindness and if they're still disrespectful arrogant little sh!ts you shoot them....thats not normal?

Youd would be the neighbor I'd be forced to shoot....hes bitchin about a plant...a plant.
While his neighbor is having a massive demo job being done....everything you said to do would make you the worst neighbor on the planet

If my neighbor did what your saying to do over a plant I would make his life a living hell for the rest of his life

Homeowner Rule #1
Dont be a ********* neighbor
So, why are we shooting the neighbor and not the morons trespassing?

Because his advice was to call the police and and file charges on his good neighbor before even speaking to them...thats worthy of a warning shot at least
Well, seems like he assessed you correctly as some gun wielding lunatic and was wise to get the cops on the scene ASAP.

Because his advice was to call the police and and file charges on his good neighbor before even speaking to them...thats worthy of a warning shot at least
So you are advocating to shoot the guy who advised him to call the cops?

Sure that sounds like a reasonable response, or more like premeditated murder. Kind of frowned upon and illegal in most places. Depending where you are you could stand your ground and shoot the trespassers legally. The property destruction would likely come to a swift end at that point.

So you are advocating to shoot the guy who advised him to call the cops?

or more like premeditated murder. Kind of frowned upon and illegal in most places.

You right...I'll check my jurisdiction to find out if murder is illegal in my area before shooting anyone...thanks

You right...I'll check my jurisdiction to find out if murder is illegal in my area before shooting anyone...thanks
No worries, stay safe out there.
Screenshot_20190522-002829_Google.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back