Rogue ales Combat Wombat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
anybody else had this? just picked up a bomber from costco. sour NEIPA. two row, wheat and oats with lactose, grapefruit, blood orange, citra, bru1, vic secret and galaxy. Barbarian (conan?) yeast.

not sure how sour it got but the lactose kept it from being a sharp type of acidity, more like a nice tart sour but still bright flavors. alot of citrus, obviously. decent body but still drinkable. definitely got some hop character, but not like a typical NEIPA. i think i mostly got the fruit additions? very citrusy, with a little bit of a floral or spice character in background.

drank it straight from the bottle so didnt notice haze, clarity, color, etc. was a bit of gunk on bottom that got kicked up. not sure what that was.

stats-

7.2% 49 IBU 18.9 plato, which i think points to about 6P final gravity.

11.6L and "68 AA"?? not sure what that is.

anybody done something similar? would like to get an idea of a recipe to start from here.

Seconding the update question. My wife and I both LOVE this beer and I'd love to brew something similar. With so many things going on (but the end result working perfectly), seems like one that could very easily be messed up.

Brew a standard Hazy IPA with that combo.

Brew a fruited, lactosed, kettle sour with a rather high FG.

Blend the two until you hit the pH and flavor profile you’re looking for.

That’s how most of the modern sour IPAs are being made these days

Brew a standard Hazy IPA with that combo.

Brew a fruited, lactosed, kettle sour with a rather high FG.

Blend the two until you hit the pH and flavor profile you’re looking for.

That’s how most of the modern sour IPAs are being made these days
Good to know! If I don't learn anything more specific about that particular beer I might have to do some experimentation down that path...

Back