Homemade stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome.

I see you got the fan for free and most of the cost was in the suit case you used, which was cool by the way. But just to let you know, for $12.50 you can buy a USB fan which already has the rheostat built in so no wiring is necessary. All I did was remove the legs, cut off some of the grill in front to mount a hard drive magnet to the fan, and used shorter screws but this probably isn't necessary. I also added a USB adapter that had an on/off switch.

You can't quite see my stir plates, but here they are in action on 2 yeast starters.

fm92y4J.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That links shows $14.10 today. Did it just go up for me or does anyone else see that price? I heard Amazon wants to start charging prices based on who/where you are so just curious.

$14.10 for me too.

I've heard that if you use incognito mode in Chrome (or whatever private browsing thing your browser has) that you will see different prices. They were the same when I did that. I've heard it's especially true for airline prices. Seems shady, but from an economics point of view, price discrimination makes sense.

Latest posts

Back