Odd leaf appearance on new growth of 1st year bines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roastquake

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered this or know what may have caused it? I have attached pictures that show that the new leaves at the top of the bines are (1) discolored, they are very light green and some are splotchy, some of them curled, and (2) they look like something has been chewing on them. Does this look like a pest or disease? Not sure if this makes a difference, but this seems to have happened after some really heavy rain. This is only happening to first year Nugget and Cascades, my older plants look healthy as ever

0614130744.jpg

0614130744a.jpg

0614130744b.jpg

0614130745.jpg

Possibly they are being overwater(heavy rain). My tomatoes and peppers have been doing this for the past couple weeks, as we have been getting tons of rain every other day. I'd not water for a few days if no rain is in your forecast.

yea our rain was ridiculous last week, now it's just crazy hot... but that is to be expected down here. I'll be out of town til wednesday so they will have a chance to dry out

Back