Citra Pale Ale/IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asidrane

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm making 10 gallons of an all Citra pale/ipa (haven't determined the abv just yet) and I'm going to split the wort between at least two fermenters. One yeast will be 1056, but I'm not sure about the others yet. I have packs of Nottingham and T-58 in the fridge, but I'm open to buying new yeast. I am considering American Ale II, Pacman yeast, German Ale yeast and anything else that could be good. What do you suggest?

I just did a Citra Pale Ale, real simple grain bill, and used California Ale V. I think it turned out great. I feel like it gave that extra hint of fruity I was hoping for.

If you want to show off the citra, Notty (or something else American) is a good choice since it's pretty neutral. Citra is not just aromatic, it's also got some really fruity notes that I feel could clash with, or at least be muddied by, an estery, fruity yeast. But hey, you never know! Maybe the combination would turn out great.

Back