Advice on pricing my Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_dogg

Reaction score
I'm in the process of pricing parts for my Keezer build. I have a 7.0cuft ge deep freezer. So far I've got a price quote for the following items, tell me what you guys think of the price and any other items I may need!
Thanks!
Item Quantity Price
CO2 regulator 1 39.99
3way Manifold (barbed) 1 29.99
gas tubing 16 0.75
beer tubing 15 0.69
5# CO2 tank 1 69.99
Hose Clamps 14 0.25
Stainless Steel Shanks 4-*‐1/8" 3 17.49
Black Plastic Tap Handle 3 1.99
Perlick 575SS Facuets 3 37.99
Stianless Tail Piece Assemblies 3 3.75
Faucet Wrench 1 2.99
Connectors-*‐Beer line to sankey couplers 3 1.99
Type D Keg Coupler 3 26.49

SUB
*-*‐
TOTAL 437.91
SHIPPING 16.89
TOTAL 454.80
Discount -*‐16.89
437.91 Amount Billed

I would def get a bigger co2 tank. You can get a lot bigger tanks for not a whole lot more money right now. For instance rebelbrewer.com has a 10# for. $68 or a 20# for $85. I'm not sure how you get your co2 filled where you are at, but here the welding distributor that fills mine has a min charge and basically it costs me the same to get a 10 or 20 pound tank filled.

I would def get a bigger co2 tank. You can get a lot bigger tanks for not a whole lot more money right now. For instance rebelbrewer.com has a 10# for. $68 or a 20# for $85. I'm not sure how you get your co2 filled where you are at, but here the welding distributor that fills mine has a min charge and basically it costs me the same to get a 10 or 20 pound tank filled.

Shweet! Thanks!
Are they all pretty much the same quality?
My biggest concern is will a 20# co2 tank fit in with 3 1/6 kegs in a 7cuft freezer....

I used a 7 cf for my build. My suggestion......get a dual body regulator for a few dollars more and stick with the 3 way manifold as well. The 7 cf will hold 4 kegs (tight fit, but works well). You can use the 3 way manifold to provide CO2 to your on tap selections and the other body to carb up a keg in waiting. This is exactly how I started out, but within a few months, I added a 4th tap, so you might as well just order the 4th tap now. ;)

In my GE 7 cf freezer I can fit 4 kegs on the floor and my 5lb cylinder on the hump very comfortably. I estimate that the 5 lb cylinder services at least 10 to 12 kegs from start to finish, so they go a lot further than I ever expected. If you ever hope to go with 4 kegs in the keezer (which I strongly recommend), a 10 lb cylinder is not gonna fit. I have been extremely happy with my set up and would have saved some headaches by just going with 4 taps out of the gaits. Check out my keezer thread when you get a chance and you can see how everything fits.

P.S. I used keg connection for my set up and they have been a pleasure to work with. I was around $600 with the extra keg, the extra Perlick, and the dual body regulator.

Are you going coffin or collar? I'm partial to coffin! :D Good luck and let me know if I can help. :mug:

Shweet! Thanks!
Are they all pretty much the same quality?
My biggest concern is will a 20# co2 tank fit in with 3 1/6 kegs in a 7cuft freezer....

PS....I have a 20 lb cylinder that was given to me by another HBT member and it is frickin' enormous! I would opt for saving the space for a 4th keg any day over wasting the space with a big a$$ cylinder. Trust me, a little CO2 goes a long ways! :mug:

I guess it depends on your setup. My kegerator is in a closet with taps going thru a wall into my bar area. My co2 tank sits outside of the kegerator and I ran a gas line inside the kegerator, so I still have 4 kegs on tap.

I have considered doing the same. I have a walk in pantry adjacent to my bar and I considered housing the larger 20 lb cylinder, regulators, etc. in the pantry and running gas lines through the wall and into my keezer. With the 5 lb tank lasting as long as it does, I haven't bothered so far, but at times I would love to have my regulators outside of the keezer for fine tuning adjustments. My keezer weighs a ton, so pulling it out everytime I want to make an adjustment can be a royal PITA! Everyone's set up is different, but since the OP seems to be using the same freezer for his build that I used, I was just providing my 2 cents. :mug:

Back