Rhizome swapping thread 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh dug rhizomes versus commercially dug, shipped to retailer, stored, and later shipped to consumer. It's all about the time line from the ground to you and how many times they get handled.

Fresh dug rhizomes versus commercially dug, shipped to retailer, stored, and later shipped to consumer. It's all about the time line from the ground to you and how many times they get handled.

I have the fortunate opportunity to be on good terms with my lhbs owners so I was able to go there the day they arrived and pick a rhizome.

Hello,

First time grower looking to score some rhizomes. Don't have any for trade but perhaps I can work out a deal with someone. I do have a few home brews I can swap if interested.

Have extra rhizomes of the following:

cascade
northern brewer
columbus
hallertau
willamette
golding
nugget

Looking to trade for others.
located in michigan.

I've got a couple thousand Chinook - I'm located in Zeeland, Michigan. I could use some hallertauer or golding? Drop me a line . . .

I've got a couple thousand Chinook - I'm located in Zeeland, Michigan. I could use some hallertauer or golding? Drop me a line . . .

I started my Hallertau from some hop shoots sent by a HBT Member last year. Once things get going if I get anything to root I'll be more than happy to send you something. :mug:

For anyone who wants there rhizomes in a hurry freshops.com still has Brewers Gold, Cascade, Chinook, Fuggle, Galena, Kent Golding, Mt Hood, Newport, Northern Brewer, Nugget, Perle, Saaz, Willamette, and Zeus

freshops rhizomes

Hey guys,

Im wondering if anyone still has a Willamette rhizome that they might be willing to send me. I have 3 first year plants so I dont have anything to trade quite yet but next year I should have Cascade, Centennial and Chinook available for trade. Tried my LHbS today but no Willamette available. PM me if you can help. Thanks!! :mug:

Got a "Yeast sample" package from Vancromance the other day, thanks for the reciprocation :)

I'll try to break out one of the samples tonight and give ya a tasting report ;)

Wow, Wish i found this a month ago. I just destroyed around 100 Magnum rhizomes I could not sell. It was to late to plant them and have success now.

Now that's a real bummer! You could have had a ton of homebrew on your hands for all those rhizomes! ;)

Not to late to plant Magmums produce little 1st 2 years I still have over 4000 roots still in cooler to plant as well as 1100 6" pots of centenials call me if you need advice 970-209-8684 Cheers Glen

Latest posts

Back