Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently Android HBT ate my reply.

Brady reworked his contract is true but that doesn't mean he took a paycut. Nfl contracts are structured in most cases to be heavily loaded at the end of the contract. Carson Palmer is a great current example.

Further, there are examples of qbs adjusting their contracts to make sure they keep integral cogs in place. Hell, even Elway did it and he was a ****** generally speaking.

NE only got to where they were last year on their offense. Now they're hobbling it and hoping the reload works. That said, I don't see them coming anywhere near last years accomplishments if they don't beef up their defense and maybe an OL. Hard to build chemistry if defenders are in your face all the time. That and they better hope Gronk doesn't lose a step.

Brady reworked his contract is true but that doesn't mean he took a paycut. Nfl contracts are structured in most cases to be heavily loaded at the end of the contract. Carson Palmer is a great current example.

Further, there are examples of qbs adjusting their contracts to make sure they keep integral cogs in place. Hell, even Elway did it and he was a ****** generally speaking.

NE only got to where they were last year on their offense. Now they're hobbling it and hoping the reload works. That said, I don't see them coming anywhere near last years accomplishments if they don't beef up their defense and maybe an OL. Hard to build chemistry if defenders are in your face all the time. That and they better hope Gronk doesn't lose a step.

What a hoppy post!
The o-line is going to be the same one from last year. The Defense should be much stroger with a healthy Talib, Dennard staying out of jail and the new aquisitions. Hightower and Jones should take a significnt step this year as well.
Can't be too concerned at receiver. Just need to have a couple cogs fall into place. If we don't get someone to stretch the field, with the tight ends we have and the running game, Brady will have no problem running the high pace timing based offense better than he ever has.
Good luck to teams trying to put Brady on the turf with all the quick outlet options he will have, not to metion a bunch of brutish tightends to protect and release.

If we don't get someone to stretch the field, with the tight ends we have and the running game, Brady will have no problem running the high pace timing based offense better than he ever has.

Not concerned at all regarding Gronkowski's fourth left arm surgery?

Gronkowski and Hernandez are great TE's but they've also been injury prone recently.

Darwin18 said:
Not concerned at all regarding Gronkowski's fourth left arm surgery?

Gronkowski and Hernandez are great TE's but they've also been injury prone recently.

Ballard will be great to fill in until Gronk is back to full health.

Ballard will be great to fill in until Gronk is back to full health.

Ballard is certainly serviceable, but he is also coming off of ACL reconstruction and knee microfracture surgery. He's far from a sure bet, although his 2011 season stats certainly do indicate he could be a great fit for the Pats offense.

Yeah, hard to find an example of a guy that comes back from an ACL tear and has good production!

The Pats have a lot of depth at tightend. I think McDaniels will really try to use them to exploit matchups this year. They can have a group of beastlike tightends in and get a matchup against slower linebackers and smaller corners. With the emergence of the running game, teams can't go to better coverage defense without the bigger guys to stop the run. If they do the Pats will get into high gear and keep those guys on the field and run it down their throat.

I almost feel bad for the teams that are going to get BLOWED out against the Pats this year, almost. (looking in your direction twice, Jets)

Gotta go with bluemoose on this one - totally Hoppy post.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make about Brady here. First you said he didn't do anything to try to keep Welker. I pointed out that he restructured in a way that freed up 14.5 million in cap space for next season, and now somehow the problem is that he's getting paid later, rather than sooner, when your original point is that Brady should have done something now. So which is it? Hoppy logic at it's best.

And NE only got to where it was last year on offense? Where have you been, man? Apparently Accidic has teh Redzones too... They've been one of the most prolific offenses in the league for years. There may have been a hiccup here or there (2006, ouch), but they've been scary on offense far more often then not. I'll grant you that last year was the first year they've been scary in a balanced way. And this year, with stability at o-line and more experience for their #1 and #2 backs, we may see some more good things coming. I even have a feeling that, lacking his security blanket of the last few years, we may see a return of Brady's old favorite receiver - the open one. And when he gets into that mode, he's a really hard guy to scheme against.

ChshreCat said:
New Jersey, February 2, 2014.

Oh man! That's the NEXT Super Bowl!! See I posted in a historic sense, and you totally turned it around on me, effectively saying the Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl this year!! That's so f-ing clever!!!

Unrelated, I would do some research around "regressing toward the mean". It will provide you some comfort when the seahawks don't make the playoffs this year.

And NE only got to where it was last year on offense? Where have you been, man? Apparently Accidic has teh Redzones too... They've been one of the most prolific offenses in the league for years. There may have been a hiccup here or there (2006, ouch), but they've been scary on offense far more often then not. I'll grant you that last year was the first year they've been scary in a balanced way. And this year, with stability at o-line and more experience for their #1 and #2 backs, we may see some more good things coming. I even have a feeling that, lacking his security blanket of the last few years, we may see a return of Brady's old favorite receiver - the open one. And when he gets into that mode, he's a really hard guy to scheme against.

Not really my point. In fact, rather the opposite. Their defense was beyond lackluster. Unless you're talking about the Jets, many teams defenses would have pushed them over into winning a Super Bowl this past year and it's that defense that has been in decline for the last couple years, at least in my opinion. As for the OL, they weren't as good as they have been in recent years resulting in more quick throws than usual last year. Besides, don't know many people stupid enough to pass up OL talent. I do agree about WR tho, they have more pressing concerns atm.

Also, Hernandez is habitually injured. Compared to him, Gronk is solid.

Accidic said:
Are we really resorting to mom jokes now? And you refer to me as the pathetically stupid one. Aren't you just the riot...

Is this the " I know you are but what am I?" defense? Really? I expected better.

Had to check on my sister, who's a pretty regular runner of the marathon. Happily, she's busy at work down in Stamford today. Here's hoping all our folks here were similarly out of harm's way.

We had two nieces running, both were stopped at the 24 mile mark after the first explosion. Family that was waiting for the girls at the finish line near the stands that blew up had decided to go get some coffee not 10 minutes earlier and were two blocks away went it went off...

Effin' scary crap. And profoundly depressing...

Cheers anyway

All crap giving aside hope all the Boston residents on here and families are ok.

Latest posts

Back