Stirstarters.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine last fall. was going to build my own, but in spec'ing parts and figuring it all out I came across stirstarters and it was such a good price I went for it.

Great service and product.

Ordered my StirStarter on Monday & got it today (Wednesday). Have it running with water, can't wait to do my next starter.
Great price, great delivery. Looks like its working like a champ and is very quiet with my 2000 ml flask. Thanks Dan!

Had mine nearly a year now, it is way more powerful than my pitiful DYI version. Thumbs up for stirstarters!

I had the worst night ever, I went to use my brand new stirstarter that I have only had for about 2 weeks. I grabbed it from the closet and watched it slip through my hands and hit the floor. I plugged it in, turned it on and nothing happened. I opened it up and I had broken the fan inside. no longer usable.

I emailed [email protected] and explained exactly what happened and asked him for the price of a replacement fan. Dan wrote back 5 mins. saying "No worries. I will get a replacement StirStarter out to you tomorrow along with a prepaid shipping label so you can send the broken one back to me."

Awsome customer service. My ******* fault and Dan is bailing me out. how many other companies would have this level of customer service.

This was the second starter that I would have made with the stirstarter so i can tell you that the first one came our great. the stir plate and bar was able to stir a 1.5l starter no problem and almost tripleing my normal cell count without it.

great product, awsome customer service , HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Cheers

Had a similar experience, and got excellent service from Dan. He makes a good product for a good price and stands behind it with good service.

I gotta put in a good word for customer service, too. I bought my Stirstarter from my LHBS, and it died after the first time out. I sent Dan an email, and he got back to me pretty quickly. I sent it back for a free repair, and had it back in time for my next brew day.

I just ordered a stirplate and 2L flask, looking at the reviews swayed me to go with Dan instead of making my own. These forums rock.

When my DIY stirplate died due to an flask overflow and yeast/starter getting inside the stirplate I decided to order my next one as I didn't have time to go out and source all the parts. I exchanged a couple quick emails with Dan, and ordered it late one night from his site. I had a shipping notice early the next day and it arrived within about 3 days. Everything was well packed, looked well made and has worked perfectly.

I've run about 7 starters through it (stepping up washed yeast for a couple brews) in the two weeks I've had it and I've noticed that I get a more vigorous starter with higher krausen than on my old DIY plate. I've had to start placing a thin piece of plexi or a napkin under the flask to catch any overflow and that's with a 1.5L starter in a 2L flask. Great plate, I'm sure I'll order the larger version when I step up to 10g batches.

I just received my stir plate from Dan. Packaging and detailed instructions were phenomenal.
This guy rocks.
I dont know why anyone would purchase a stir plate anywhere else.

I finally took the plunge and got me a 2L flask with a stir plate from Dan. I was looking to eek out a few more billion yeasties over my growler setup. Glad I found him! Great price, solid product, fantastic instructions, perfect shipping and fast service. Doesn't get better than that!

I loved that he provided a little stir bar catcher magnet with the purchase. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased. I think I may order another when I finally step up to 10G batches so I can stir up two different yeasts!

I finally took the plunge and got me a 2L flask with a stir plate from Dan. I was looking to eek out a few more billion yeasties over my growler setup. Glad I found him! Great price, solid product, fantastic instructions, perfect shipping and fast service. Doesn't get better than that!

I loved that he provided a little stir bar catcher magnet with the purchase. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased. I think I may order another when I finally step up to 10G batches so I can stir up two different yeasts!
+1 Dan is the man

Great customer service and product from stirstarters. Mine arrived damage despite great packaging. I had a brand new one in hand two business days later. The stir plate works like a dream on my 2l flask

One more very satisfied customer here. It is a very simple yet elegant design. Very easy instructions included. This is an absolute bargain compared to the other units that I was considering. Considering the cost of a vial of yeast, I will get a quick return on this investment.

Just got a 5L flask - large enough to make any starter. Mostly my starters are in the 1-3L range, but I was wondering about the new 5L stirstarter model that is available. Anyone have any experience with this new version - or using the regular model on a large starter? Thanks

I've used my 5l flask on my regular stir starter and it works fine. It overhangs but seems stable enough to me. I've seen a picture on here somewhere where someone built side that were the same height as the stir starter because the were nervous of the overhang.

Lechien said:
I've used my 5l flask on my regular stir starter and it works fine. It overhangs but seems stable enough to me. I've seen a picture on here somewhere where someone built side that were the same height as the stir starter because the were nervous of the overhang.

Great - thanks for the info. Have you stirred big volumes - say 4L? I wasn't so worried about the overhang, but the power.

When I first got the 5l I filled it with water to check that and it it has plenty of stirring power for a 4l starter in my opinion.

I just finished my second (2 L) yeast starter using Dan's StirStarter. So far it's run beautifully. I am completely satisfied. I had originally planned on building my own, but for the price that Dan offers them for, I don't think I really would've saved much, and his craftsmanship is sure better than mine. Worth every penny.

I highly recommend this stirplate.

Another happy customer here - I received one of these as a Christmas gift back in 2011, and have been using it ever since. Recently mine started throwing its stir bar, so I contacted Dan to see if he could provide any tips. He immediately (no kidding - I emailed him and wound up on the phone with him within like 15 minutes!) got back to me, replaced the stirbar (apparently sometimes they de-magnetize) and offered to replace the stirplate if the new stirbar didn't do the trick - no problems at all with the fact that I wasn't the original purchaser and thus had no receipt, etc. Happily, the new stirbar works like a champ and I'm happy to also highly recommend Dan!

Got my stirstarter the other day. Dan was quick to answer my emails and shipping was quick too. First thing I did was attempt to harvest some yeast. So far so good. We'll see how it goes. Thanks Dan!

I just finished my second (2 L) yeast starter using Dan's StirStarter. So far it's run beautifully. I am completely satisfied. I had originally planned on building my own, but for the price that Dan offers them for, I don't think I really would've saved much, and his craftsmanship is sure better than mine. Worth every penny.

I highly recommend this stirplate.

Another satisfied customer here. I'm like hunter, could've made my own but the cost and the craftsmanship is great. Mine probably would have worked fine but I didn't have a PC to tear apart so I would have had to buy all of the parts. Came out to just a few bucks shorter than the StirStarter price - works great for me! :tank:

I'm happy as hell! Got the stir plate and a 2l flask from Dan today. I'm gonna love it once I use it this weekend.
My flask has a tiny chip right at the very top, but it'll work perfect.
Thanks Dan!
I recommend him 100%.

All these recent posts remind me!

I've been pleased enough with Dan & StirStarters.com that I placed an order for a second stir plate and 2L flask. Just as with the first, I'm very pleased. I love being able to use two different yeasts in a 10-11G batch so I can see just how much the yeast affects the beer. I don't think I could have justified that expense, were it not for Dan's reasonably priced stir plates!

Only thing I wish I'd done differently is order two the first time so I could have taken advantage of that sweet multi-unit discount!

Now, in fact, I'm off to go make a two starters! It's brew day!

Bought a kit from AIH, which turned out to be a Stir starter's unit.

First unit would not spin fast enough to create a vortex even with 1/2 a flask of water. Dan replaced it promptly with a unit that rocks.

Highly recommended!

Back