Hello from downunder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadlyPoor

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,

I've been learning to brew for a few months now, i jumped straight into AG via BIAG using a mates electric urn. The next few brews i borrowed the urn for HLT and BK and another mates esky mashun. 4 brews under my belt now.

I have build a fermenting fridge with an STC-1000 tempcontroller and a heat pad. It works quite well!
I bought a 50L stainless pot and 3500 ULWD element just recently, going to turn it into a BK, and plan to build a HLT from an old keg soon. Next step is to build a PID temp control for the HLT and another for a RIMS in the future.

I've come to the forum hoping to gain some advice from experienced brewers.

Cool! I'm doing just the opposite: Working on my kitchen stove with pots from yard sales, making small batches. There's a whole sub-forum for electric brewing.

Hi John, I just love how there seems to be and endless combination of ways to brew great tasting beer. Good luck to you mate.

Hey mate, also from Aus (Adelaide) and somewhat new to this. Whereabouts are you located ?? Haven't seen many people from here post on these forums.

Cheers.

still fairly new here to but here is a switch an american down under now. Im in Port Kennedy in Western Australia.

Any one else here down under. :mug:

Back