Primary with hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonianBrewer

Reaction score
I poured my wort into the primary w/o straining the 3oz of leAf hops I used in the boil will this affect the primary ? Note they are Citra hops

No. This will not make a difference.
Transfer the beer to bottling bucket and leave it all behind. It will settle to the bottom.

+1 no effect. also, no need to transfer to a secondary just to dry hop, just toss em in the primary after you've given the yeast a chance to settle a bit.

It's in a plastic primary 3 weeks total in plastic wont hurt it ? And the new hops will just sit on the old one won't they should I mix them in gently I wouldn't want them to not soak

3 weeks in plastic won't make any effect. you don't need to worry about that having a negative effect for months. whatever hops were in there previously should have settled out by now, no need to mix.

you can certainly still rack to secondary if you want for it, IMO its an unnecessary effort and risk of contamination/oxidation

Yeah man, Just throw it all in one bucket and done.

If you are reusing the yeast, I would consider a hop bag but even that's unnecessary.

Latest posts

Back