New Town - Need Tap Water Analysis Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmarsh544

Reaction score
I just moved to Santa Barbara and am planning on brewing this weekend with the local tap water. I do not have a ton of experience with analyzing and adjusting water profiles, so I was hoping that someone might be able to look at the towns water report found at the link below and offer some advice as to what styles the water might lend its self to as is. I am also hoping for some insight as to how I might adjust for some standard profiles (I.e. American pale ale, American wheat, stout). Please let me know if the report below does not have the necessary info or if my question does not make sense.

http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/NR/rd...916-FBA208999EA3/0/2011WaterQualityReport.pdf

Cheers!

If I say it's hard water even though I have no idea, do I still get a free beer? I honestly don't know what type of water it is, I just saw free beer... P.S You will also have to ship me across for it. I expect first class. :) SWMBO is optional. But I request that you refuse to pay for her. :p

I am waiting for my lab report from ward labs about KC,MO watr but have been reading plenty. Take it for what it's worth but seems like you'd be perfect to do pale ales and ipAs and any american style. Blondes and lighter styles etc might need to be diffused with distilled water though.

Thank you for the insight! I have been trying to input things into the brun water spreadsheet but have not had the time to devote to it. I plan on doing 10 gallons of an American wheat this weekend with the water so I guess that will be a starting point. I love how there are pretty much an infinite combinations of things to mess with in an attempt to perfect homebrew!

Latest posts

Back