The Late Night Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried out a new lhbs last night. when I got there the person working behind the counter told me it was there last night and they were closing for good in 3 hours, so anything I wanted was 75 percent off ! I spent 40 dollars and walked out with 1kg of nutrient, 1 kg of stabilizer, enough pectic enzyme for 75 gallons, 22 pkg of lavlin kl v1116 , 1 pkg of medium toasted hungarion oak cubes ,1 pkg of light toasted hungarion oak cubes and 3 mesh straining bags.

Nice.

Well, it's another late night for me. I'm in Eau Claire, WI right now providing 10 PM - 6 AM support for a control system we put in earlier this year. Everything is running great (as usual) so I'm just trying to kill the hours by adding "Enhancements" to the system. It could be worse.

I guess this could be bumped. I'm currently drinking a Belgian aged on cherries. It's not bad. I'm not a huge fan of Belgians, but I occasionally partake in them.

Night shift here. RN, I work 7-7. We have a new baby, so I stay up to give "mommy" a chance to sleep overnight on my days off, in general. Trying to get through my American Wheat keg this evening. Feels almost empty. Why the heck can't I get to the bottom?!?!?!? I have three beers waiting patiently to reside in one of the 4 kegs in my kegerator...

tried out a new lhbs last night. when I got there the person working behind the counter told me it was there last night and they were closing for good in 3 hours, so anything I wanted was 75 percent off ! I spent 40 dollars and walked out with 1kg of nutrient, 1 kg of stabilizer, enough pectic enzyme for 75 gallons, 22 pkg of lavlin kl v1116 , 1 pkg of medium toasted hungarion oak cubes ,1 pkg of light toasted hungarion oak cubes and 3 mesh straining bags.

I would have rented a moving truck and brought the credit card.... Too bad they are going out of business though. I am worried about my LHBS. I am the only one in there each time I go, usually on a Saturday. Scary.

ugh...

i work nights as well, 20:00 - 06:00 as a CT Tech in anchorage.. i usually meandor on here between patients (and netflix..shhh..) :)

Night shift here. RN, I work 7-7. We have a new baby, so I stay up to give "mommy" a chance to sleep overnight on my days off, in general. Trying to get through my American Wheat keg this evening. Feels almost empty. Why the heck can't I get to the bottom?!?!?!? I have three beers waiting patiently to reside in one of the 4 kegs in my kegerator...

Woot! I just kicked my keg of wheat. Now I gotta get the chocolate stout in it's new home!! :)

my night started out trying to apprehend a drunk individual before they pissed in the radiology hallway....it's wednesday for f^ck sakes..

:rolleyes:

Yup, gave up on the whole idea of sleep at 2 AM and decided to surf the net, check my email, track my Austin Order and work on one of my electronics projects. I'm lucky, I am retired so I don't have to worry about being tired for work and I can take a nap any time I feel like layin down. Working on a Boil timer with a programmable hop addition schedule or late extract additions. I am setting it up for a 60 or 90 minute period so I can time mashes, and boils. So far I have it working in the sim, so I will start assembling the boards and chip sometime in the next week or so. I got really lucky and even had all the components to build this project on hand already. No waiting on parts from china to get here so I can finish. Did that lil trick on the control panel and that was a real PITA and I will never make that mistake again. Seems like when your waiting for a particular part it is the one that gets lost or delayed in shipping. Never fails. Took a month to final get the matching rotary switches I needed two more of to get here from Thailand. Still waiting on the 4X4 keypad to input the info. Good thing I have multiple projects goinf at the same time, or I would really be pissed at Hop Sing for the delay. Have a great morning....

Wheelchair Bob

Just drinking some home brew and winding down for the night. I've got to wake up at 9am for class. These kids aren't going to teach themselves...

Audio engineering. I love it.

This is the only gig I've worked longer than one year and next month I'll be at 5 years. I'm comfortable financially and I don't mind waking up to go to work. I'm thankful I can type that without lying.

You?

Well I am an Industrial Electrician by trade but I have been running Nor Cal Brewing Solutions for about 4 years now. I still do the electrical gig 7 days and 7 nights a month 12 hour shifts Uhhhhgggggg...Its hard on the body for sure and is making me old really fast!

Cheers
Jay

Well I am an Industrial Electrician by trade but I have been running Nor Cal Brewing Solutions for about 4 years now. I still do the electrical gig 7 days and 7 nights a month 12 hour shifts Uhhhhgggggg...Its hard on the body for sure and is making me old really fast!

Cheers
Jay

Haha, tell me about it. Once I crested 30 I realized my body didn't respond like it did in the three decades prior. If I don't get 7 hours of sleep a night my body reminds me why I should.

Haha, tell me about it. Once I crested 30 I realized my body didn't respond like it did in the three decades prior. If I don't get 7 hours of sleep a night my body reminds me why I should.

Bahhhaaaa I cant remember that last time I got 7 hours in one night....I get 5 most the time and 6 if I am REALLY LUCKY! Good on you for still after 5 years loving your gig. I am almost at the point I can quit my electrical gig.. I have 4 other mouths to feed though and these days insurance is a MUST with kiddos....

Bahhhaaaa I cant remember that last time I got 7 hours in one night....I get 5 most the time and 6 if I am REALLY LUCKY! Good on you for still after 5 years loving your gig. I am almost at the point I can quit my electrical gig.. I have 4 other mouths to feed though and these days insurance is a MUST with kiddos....

Take care of the little ones. As if you needed to be reminded to do so...

Back