Repitching yeast from a black ipa to Double WCIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppypoppy

Reaction score
I’ve been reusing the same original WLP001 for like 7 maybe 8 times. The results have been phenomenal. Fast start, clean beers, good attenuation etc. I am doing my last repitch with it and plan on doing a Pliny Clone. A group of my friends it’s their favorite beer and no matter how much they drink it they still seek it out and send a text when it’s on draft or at our local bottle shop. Having a little get together at my house in a few weeks and it would rad to have it on draft. I expect it being different but should be close.

I’ve used the same yeast for pretty much every style except dark. Done light, hoppy, pale etc. When I dry hop I use a bag just in case so I can extract the hops from the trub. would repitching from a dark beer to a lighter carry over any flavor impact?

Hoping that because there will be so many hops that it would cover up any slight roast flavor from the black ipa.

Could I wash the yeast? My process is to just pour the yeast grub with beer into a mason jar then pitch it into the new beer.

My question is would the roast flavor carry over or add color to the ipa?

Last edited:
Back