reintroduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dozuki

Reaction score
I haven't been on the site for a good while. Over a year now. So I thought I would reintroduce myself. I live and work in Washington D.C. and really want to make some cider to sip on hot summer days.

Over a year ago I started a gallon of cider and completely forgot about it when I tore my ACL at work and had to have it replaced, I now have a zombie leg. Anyway I forgot all about if for all this time and now I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done with it or should I just pour it out and start over.

Also I have a gallon of cider from a farmers market that is starting to ferment itself in the fridge. It was great as cider and I am hoping it will make even better hard cider. As a complete beginner I would love some pointers on the fridge cider. and the old cider that has been resting for a year.

Thanks for the help. Im sure I will be asking a lot of questions in the future.

Sounds like you have some prison hooch on your hands. Try a thimble full.

As always, try it before you dump it. The farmers market cider reminds me of a friend of mine. He bought some cider in Minnesota, put it in the bed of his truck. He then drove to Alaska. After a week in the sun.... it tasted great. It had just started to turn and was fantastic. If I was you I'd buy more and let it sit for while ;-)

Ya the old stuff kind of scares me. It looks angry. The fridge cider I just pop the cap every now and then to release the pressure. I may just drink it. is there a way to find the alcohol content.

Back