Reinstalling beersmith and recovering my recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
I had to send my laptop back to the mfg due to a faulty keyboard, this is the computer I had beersmith loaded onto. Theres a chance they'll either have to wipe the computer or just send me a new one either way ill have to reinstall beersmith. Will I lose all of my personal recipes or will these reappear when I install beersmith, I have my initial key code that was sent with my initial receipt. I had 12 recipes saved that I've brewed so far I hope I don't lose them although all are wrote down in my brewbook if I have to retype them in.

There is a recipe database file that resides on your hard drive. Unless you uploaded them to the cloud or have a backup of your hard drive, more than likely they will be gone.

Ugh my wife saved some stuff from the beersmith file I'm just not sure what. Its More of a pain in the rear to have to retype them in than anything else.

I have a similar issue. My cpu in my old laptop crapped out. I got a new computer and loaded a new copy of Beersmith. (I don't think your old key code will work with a new copy, They might accommodate you if you email them.)

I have print outs of all the beers I have done so far. I have about 20 new recipes started. So far I have only done a couple more than once and have made enough changes (trying to perfect...) that I just use the ingredients and start a new recipe anyway. There are so many new beers I want to do that having the old ones on the computer is not a really big deal to me.

Ugh my wife saved some stuff from the beersmith file I'm just not sure what. Its More of a pain in the rear to have to retype them in than anything else.

According to this, all of the database files (.bsm files) are stored in the \Documents\BeerSmith2 folder. Hopefully, that's one of the folders your wife backed up.

Latest posts

Back