Regulator for force carbing soda in 2 liter bottles ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nguyenty

Reaction score
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section but this one is really more about soda and the rest of the forum is of course for beer.

I am looking at two regulator at the moment. The Taprite T742HP which goes to 60 psi and the other taprite for soda carbonation machines which can go to 120 psi.

Since my main purpose will be doing force carb for soda and juice in 2 liter bottles with a carbonation cap, would the 60 psi one serve my purpose ? I've read that coca cola co2 psi is about 40-45. I would like really strong carbonation so 60 sounds about good enough.

I think I would also want to do rootbeer and ginger ale down the line.

I have done this before, but it's been a while. (carbonated apple juice for the kids) I used an old oxygen regulator, and I think I set it to about 50 or 60 psi. Chill the juice first (that's kind of important), pressurize it with CO2, and shake the bottle while the pressure is applied. It will be fully carbonated in 10 seconds or so. I always left a little headspace when I filled the bottles, then squeezed the air out before capping it.

If the liquid is ice cold, I'm sure you don't even need that much pressure; 30 would probably do just fine. HTH

Back