Refreshed from NE Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYR

Reaction score
Hey HBT!,

I am back after a long hiatus from the brewing scene. I started in my senior year of college in 2009 and stopped around 2011 because it was getting way too much; plus out of control. Some items happened in my life where I put a lot of things on the side.....so now I want to get back in the brewing scene. I was known as aryiman before and people gave me the name of Tilted Pot Brewing for my apartment brewing and my large 10 gallon pot always leaning on the electric stove.

I went from extract, to partial mash, to all grain within 1 year. I was producing some great beer, but didn't really have good controls on things and made mistakes. Now I'm back with a focus to make this happen right this time. I'm working on getting my rig together with a mash tun, HLT, and brew pot along with some burners. I never did temperature control fermenting and I feel like my beers came out just fine. I am looking for a freezer in order to do this as well to make sure the beers are exactly how I want them to turn out.

The only trouble I had before was the water temp.....I never knew when to start the sparge water and how to bring it up to temp and have it stay at the temp....I feel like I was sparging with a lot hotter water than I wanted, so ideas to work on that would be great. Other than that I have to get back on my feet. I just ordered the Palmer book again as I have no clue what happened to my other one.

The goal is to get up and running by October and get a IIPA on tap to start out with.

I hail from Fort Wayne, Indiana and when I'm not brewing I'm a Business Banker for Wells Fargo in the northern part of the state along with the state of Michigan. I also compete in endurance car racing which takes up a lot of my time as well.

Looking forward to getting to know existing people and meeting new people who can help me out.

Thanks!

Back