Recipe management in Beersmith: Cloud vs My Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
So I'm trying to figure out how to manage my recipes in Beersmith. Right now I enter beers into My Recipes on my phone. On brew day I copy the recipe to my cloud so I can open it on my lap top. I enter all my session data there. When I'm done i save it so I can pull the data back up on the phone for when I am fermenting and bottling. So would the right thing to do be delete that first recipe in My Recipes and copy the one in the cloud to there so it has all my session data? Right now it's seems all the recipes in My Recipes are the base recipes and the ones in the cloud all have the session data. That would be fine but I know the cloud only holds so many recipes so I can't continue to store all my brewed beers only there

The basic cloud storage account holds just 15 recipes, so I create recipes and maintain my "master archive" on my deskside PC.
On brew day I push the recipe up to the cloud then pull it to my tablet; all the session data is recorded on that device.
When the day is done I kick back with a pour, verify the Notes entries, delete the stale cloud copy, push the tablet copy to the cloud, then pull it to my PC.

Cheers!

The basic cloud storage account holds just 15 recipes, so I create recipes and maintain my "master archive" on my deskside PC.

On brew day I push the recipe up to the cloud then pull it to my tablet; all the session data is recorder on that device.

When the day is done I kick back with a pour, verify the Notes entries, delete the stale cloud copy, push the tablet copy to the cloud, then pull it to my PC.

Cheers!

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I only have 3 reasons to put a recipe in the cloud:
1) sharing
2) brewing
3) shopping

Like day, I keep my master recipe list on my desktop.
Push one to the cloud.
Look at it on my phone when buying ingredients.
Use my tablet while brewing, entering all the session data there and then.
Once it's gone into the fermenter, I delete the desktop version and copy the cloud version to the desktop.
I will then finish up the session data on the desktop (gravity readings).

I don't actually have any profiles or recipes on my phone or tablet ever; just cloud view.

Call me lazy but I've copied all of my recipes to the cloud - yes I had to pay something minimal for their cloud usage but it didn't break the bank. This came in handy when two successive meetings now of my brew club I've forgotten my iPad at home and I'm supposed to talk about my recipe for the beer I brought. By the recipes being in the cloud I simply logged into BeerSmith, went to the recipes section, and voila there they were. I also contributed some barleywine to a barrel project and our club barrels are stored at the LHBS. While there I wanted to buy grain for the next brew but was not focusing on anything other than the barleywine so didn't bring the iPad. Again, I logged into BeerSmith and pulled the recipe I wanted off the cloud. Easy peasy.

Back