Recipe building software from stocked ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cappy11078

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers. I was wondering if there is software that can build or recommend recipes by inputting stocked ingredients you may have on hand, or if you are searching to use a specific ingredient. For example, I have a certain hop I want to use, I type it in and it could recommend a beer recipe that uses that hop. Just like a bartender app you may have on your device. Thanks

Haven't heard about anything like this, but beersmith does allow you maintain an inventory of items on-hand. This inventory can be updated as you brew/consume, or after resupply.

I'm really not aware of any "intelligent" software that builds recipes based on what you have on hand. However, most software, including bs do have style guidelines built in. While they won't recommend a style based on hops/grain, they will tell you whether the beer you're constructing fits to style (i.e. color, abv, ibus).

P

I have used this in the past with some success. Just use google and enter the recipe components. Use quotes around each ingredient you want.

For example this search string will return recipes that contain Maris otter, vienna and nugget. You can add as many as you want.

'maris otter'+'vienna'+'nugget'

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

^ I've done the same. There is a site for recipes that match what you have on hand for food. I've used that for kicks. I wish there were a beer one too. If I had the know-how, I would build that bad boy in a heartbeat. This should be an extension of the BeerSmith website. :)

I thought this would spark some interest to software programs. I like the idea. I'll also have to try the google search thing.

Without experimentation, there wouldn't be great beer!

Back