Relaxing beer day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarksc4

Reaction score
So, I'm brewing Denny's rye IPA today and was starting to have down issues, I haven't brewed ink the and I'm a bit rusty. First, I couldn't get my strike water to the right temp, when I did and doubled in, my mash was too hot. I added cold water and it was too cold (149 instead of 153). I decided that im not going tos weat the finerpoonts ao mich. thos is a honby, mot a kob. Jrs more relaxing to just do it that to fret anout itdecided not to worry. I'm boiling right now, my preboil gravity is within a few pouts of target and I've decided that I'm not going to sweat the details so much any ore. I've made beer enough times that it would take a monster mistake to not turn out close to what I i

And my iPhone wouldn't let me see the last half of that post as I was typing it. So, I'm not drunk. Yet.

Yeah, new phone, not used to posted to forums with and app ad I guess my thumbs are fatter than I thought. Should read "this is a hobby, not a job"

And my iPhone wouldn't let me see the last half of that post as I was typing it. So, I'm not drunk. Yet.

Oh sure! As if we believe that!

Anyway I'm with you, I try my best to hit my numbers but when I am off guess what? I made some great beer anyway!

It might not be exact or repeatable but great none the less.

Next time you're too hot, just relax and stir it down. You will NOT denature beta amylase in the matter of minutes it takes to bring your temps down, trust me. I've had lower-range conversion happen HOURS into a mash. Too hot isn't a huge deal, unless you're like 165+, then add ice quick.

I tried to get on HBT on my new slider phone sittin in the car outside the library yesterday. Slow & confusing. It then says not enough memory to display everything,so it cuts pics. I wonder if I get the memory card for it if that would improve how I see the forums on it? It can take up to like a 32G card. It even has a camcorder function,rather than just streaming video.

Back