Beer line quick disconnect leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPal75

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to kegging and tonight I just tapped my second keg onto the second beer line in my tower. My first keg worked with no problem, but this second one keeps leaking out from the connection between the black QD and the swivel nut. It's a brand new QD and from what I can tell it appears the black washer attached to the male thread on the QD is intact and good shape. I tried first just hand tightening the QD and then used a wrench on it as we'll but it still keeps leaking at that connection. Any thoughts?

Are you sure it isnt leaking from the hose into the swivel nut? Check that connection and make sure your hose is clamped on tight

Also you want to make sure you didn't overtighten the swivel nut, those plastic-tipped MFL fittings can easily crack. What's usually recommended is to tighten by hand, then snug it just a little bit with the wrench. So it's possible that it was leaking initially because it wasn't tight enough, and it's leaking now because it's overtightened.

Also you want to make sure you didn't overtighten the swivel nut, those plastic-tipped MFL fittings can easily crack. What's usually recommended is to tighten by hand, then snug it just a little bit with the wrench. So it's possible that it was leaking initially because it wasn't tight enough, and it's leaking now because it's overtightened.

double check to make sure it's not cracked. you don't need to tighten that fitting very much to make it not leak.

Thanks turned out that was my problem. I overtightened with the wrench and broke the washer off. Guess I need to buy a new QD. Or can you just buy a new washer? Since it was attached I'm guessing no..

Latest posts

Back