Anyone else waiting for resultsfrom WI State Fair homebrew competition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doongie

Reaction score
I submitted a dry stout. Second all grain batch, first entry in a competition, itching for the scoresheets.

I normally am not too concerned with contests, however this time I got nothing but really good feedback on that beer, just had to submit it.

I'm pretty happy with the 36 score, and the red ribbon for 2nd place. There were 12 entries too, so there was some competition. Now to take thier suggestions to task and get the blue ribbon next year!

How did you find out how many entries there were? I won first place in 18e with my quad with a 41.5. Very happy with it, but am curious as to how many others there were.

mloula said:
How did you find out how many entries there were? I won first place in 18e with my quad with a 41.5. Very happy with it, but am curious as to how many others there were.

On the cover page, in the box with the score, it says ordinal position in flight. Mine says 1 of 12.

On the cover page, in the box with the score, it says ordinal position in flight. Mine says 1 of 12.

Just FYI, that doesn't always mean there were only 12 in class (just based on my experience). They may have multiple judging tables depending on how many entries there were. Plus, they may also combine similar classes for awards if some classes have a low # of entries.

Good luck!
Jaz

Jazman said:
Just FYI, that doesn't always mean there were only 12 in class (just based on my experience). They may have multiple judging tables depending on how many entries there were. Plus, they may also combine similar classes for awards if some classes have a low # of entries.

Good luck!
Jaz

Bummer. It would be nice to know how many competitors there are in relation to the score. Judging being subjective means that 1 of 2 isn't the same as 1 of 12. Score plays the bigger part, but that's subjective too. Maybe I won't give a $hit any more about getting scored. I guess it really doesn't matter to me what some anonymous person thinks.....

Back